Thread: [SCRIPT] Network database (PLMN) browser

Lightbulb [SCRIPT] Network database (PLMN) browser

Finally I got some time for all of those remaining ideas that I never wrote for NokiX during the active years. Perhaps this set of new scripts is some kind of NokiX testament for me...

The biggest application idea that I have had for several years was an application that allows browsing the PLMN data in the PPM flash. Now I finally implemented it on my 6110 (still in daily use, after 11+ years): network_database allows browsing the GSM network information by country, searching for network name (or part of it), or for MCC or MCC.MNC combination.

There is much of information available, especially if you have updated the PLMN using the write_network_list script. I have also invented one practical use for the application: when checking the roaming prices of foreign networks, you can use the MCC.MNC search to see what name your phone displays for the network in question. Because the names change, your phone is probably showing an old name which may not be the same as the name listed in the current roaming price list. However, the MCC.MNC combination is still valid.

Download the version 1.0.1 of network_database from this url:
    www.panuworld.net/nuukiaworld/download/nokix/
    Last edited by nuukiaworld; 07-10-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: New version available

Version 1.0.1

On version 1.0.1 is the unnecessary "Unicode" caption is not displayed if there is no Unicode version of the network name available in the PPM. You can remove the Unicode versions from the PPM with the write_network_list script. This especially useful if your phone cannot display Unicode, like NSE-3.

Thread Information