Thread: [IMPROVED] Repeated Alarm Clock with "Skip once" option

Smile [IMPROVED] Repeated Alarm Clock with "Skip once" option

My wife does not anymore need to wake up regularly in the morning, so I have had to start using the alarm clock of my phone (NSE-3). NokiX's Repeated Alarm Clock is very handy because I usually want to wake up Mon-Fri at 6.30. However, in a few days I noticed some usability problems:
    1. If you one day use a standard one-shot alarm (because you will a "non-standard" alarm time), you must reselect all the weekdays when restoring the repeating alarm.
    2. If you wake up before the alarm, you have to switch the repeating alarm completely off (and remember to switch it back on later) in order to avoid the unnecessary alarm.
    My improved repeated_alarn_clock.nrx 1.2.3 solves these issues by:
    1. Weekday selections are preserved if you switch the alarm off; and even if you use standard one-shot alarm meanwhile. You can just accept the weekdays when restoring the repeating alarm.
    2. Added a "Skip once" option in the "alarm on/off" menu. If you want to skip the next alarm only, you can quickly choose "Skip once", while keeping the (repeated) alarm still active.
    Repeated Alarm Clock 1.2.3 available from www.panuworld.net/nuukiaworld/download/nokix/improved.

Improved alarm clock on 3210

I rediscovered (after N95) old good 3210. I learned a lot around flashing, build flasher ( the Nukiawold flasher works only with external power supply - than on any laptop) I am trying to improve flash. I am not able to add it do the 3210 ( v6.0) fw - it hangs in line 56 +++ findldr open_static_menu ( the same is with Nok 3310 fw). This improved version hangs in 65 +++ getdata a menu_item_size*n ( bad aritmetic conversion). I am not able to find any help. Tutorial for Nokix does not help. Would you be so kind with any advice? kojecky@bnzlin.cz. Thank you very much. Vladimir

Your NokiX is not properly installed. The Macros textbox in the NokiX window must point to the scripts\scripts\macros folder of the NokiX Scripts package.

No NokiX script can be used alone; you will always need also to install the default scripts package provided with NokiX, too. The errors you have received are generated if the default NokiX scripts (which are used by all other NokiX scripts) are not available.

Thanks

Thank you very much. It works now ( how simple. Some advices should be payed by gold....). I only have problems with modifying the ppm string. I tried to replace POLI string by CZEC. Nokix gives error. Does it check the lenght of the ppm string?

You do not need to replace any existing language strings, just add your new languages as a new row below each item in the PPM string file. NokiX will automatically collect those strings that matches the languages in the firmware and ignores all rows with language codes that are not present in the firmware.

Therefore, adding new language codes and their corresponding translated string can not trigger any errors, unless you mess up the file format.

Thread Information