PDA

View Full Version : Please Explain "unlock"

illestboi
04-01-2003, 10:54 PM
I'm new to all these unlocking stuff and i wanna know what unlocking can do for a phone. To my knowledge i assume when you unlock a phone you can use other services. and is there a way to unlock a samsung n400? people say that you can only use Sprint PCS service for that particular phone. someone please replay i need as much help i need. Thanks

eusty
04-01-2003, 11:04 PM
it is easy to unlock the samsung n400 because you have 2 find a wholesaler or fone company where u can buy the cables from, or if you live in Norfolk on a sunday at the Norwich cattle market a bloke unlocks everyphones for £5 he is very good he does all my unlocking when i cant do it

spleck
13-06-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by illestboi
To my knowledge i assume when you unlock a phone you can use other services. and is there a way to unlock a samsung n400? people say that you can only use Sprint PCS service for that particular phone.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.... When you unlock a phone you can set the phone up for a particular service, but the provider must add/authorize your ESN in their database. So basically, if you unlock your phone, you can set it up for Verizon lets say, but Verizon may not be able to add your phone to their network.

That's actually what I want to do. I love the N400s and their predecessors, but I prefer Verizon. Ironically, Verizon sells their phones unlocked.

Anyone with experience getting Verizon to add a phone? Also, can you enter a new ESN in a Samsung? Say an ESN from a Verizon Audiovox phone?