PDA

View Full Version : Warning double call sim cloning

the-murderer
05-01-2003, 02:26 AM
1/ Is that it is possible of phoned with my original sim card and at the same time the card cloned sim?

2/ And in what sim cards I receive sms?

3/ And in what sim cards I receive the call?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

salias
05-01-2003, 12:56 PM
the last phone which making call or sending sms are consider active. Clone or original sim doesnt matter.
No point to activated the last phone because you will not receive any call or sms, infact the network provider will attempt to locate you as two different CCID are active at the same time with same phone number.

kaos
19-01-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by salias
the last phone which making call or sending sms are consider active. Clone or original sim doesnt matter.
No point to activated the last phone because you will not receive any call or sms, infact the network provider will attempt to locate you as two different CCID are active at the same time with same phone number.

Did you try it?!

Regards,
KAoS.

cyclo
20-01-2003, 02:11 AM
I seem to remember reading somewhere that my operator has a SIM clone protection meaning that if it detects two SIM cards with the same ID on the network at the same time it automatically shuts down the account...

uaepast
18-02-2003, 07:30 PM
hi all,

thats right, i've tried it

salias
19-02-2003, 12:59 AM
the other solution is to change your CCID number follow your original sim card CCID with condition dont let you phone/number to activate long time which will make operator locating you.

uaepast
19-02-2003, 09:31 AM
hi all,

can u explane more plz ?? what do u mean??

i heard SIRGRAHAM saying chaning CCID has got nothing to do with the cloing stuff!!

somenoe correct me if am worng!

any how tell me what do u mean:)

regards,

uaepast

salias
19-02-2003, 11:12 AM
I have done it as per simemu explanation. Please read this link

http://www.gsmforum.host-boxcracker.net/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64789&highlight=ccid

rgds,

SirGraham
19-02-2003, 12:20 PM
Hi all,

Simemu wrote:

I think this is not necessary, but if you want to modify it, you must read the external EEPROM with the Phoenix, change the following positions and write the EEPROM again.

Why is not necessary?

If you check a log made with season2 about the comunication between BTS and phone + SIM... you can check that the CCID (or IDCC) DONīT SEND to BTS (operator).

The operators know the card by IMSI. The IMSI is the "Login" of the BTS and the "Ki" is the password (more less) :rolleyes:

The IDCC only is for administrative use (distribuitors, SAT o others) tha need read a number to Identification the card (This IDCC are external in the card also). They donīt have any security control. Anyboy knows this number if see the SIM...

The operator donīt need to know the ICDD, They knows the IMSI and this is better to know what SIM is calling. They can control the clonning with IMSI with any problem.

Perhaps (I donīt not if they can) Can They send APDU comands (in remote) from BTS to SIM? .. and read for this method the ICDD? is possible but not necessary.. And if they can send command to SIM they can made more things to check if itīs a original card.

But for the moment... the ICDD donīt send to BTS (operator).

And for the operators is better if there are clone cards. They have more calls... and more money.... :D
Why they need control this?

Best Regards,
Sir Graham.

uaepast
19-02-2003, 01:19 PM
hi all

check this out

any idea??

http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/2222

regards,

uaepast

SirGraham