PDA

View Full Version : 8210 Contact Service!! after flash

brads26
05-03-2003, 01:18 PM
I have tried to re-flash two 8210's one is a version 5.21 and the other is 5.31, and now they say contact service.
I used the flash file off gsm zone, but the file is only 64kb, is this the only file required to flash??
Then do I need to re-unlock them and update the fid??
Sorry but I am a newbie

Brads

Al
05-03-2003, 02:01 PM
I think you've flashed partial (unlock) flash to your phone and it's for other version of phone SW and now you're have Contact Service. Fullflash for 8210 has 2Mb in size ;)
If you want to update your phone you need MCU & PPM (pack with your language), also make full backup of your phone before flashing ;). If you're already killed your EEPROM area (but I beleive it's still alive :)) you also need a virgin EEPROM. After flashing you need to update FAID or your phone will lose network and resets every 20sec.

brads26
05-03-2003, 11:16 PM
I am nearer (I think) I have flashed the phone with an 8210 file that is almost 2mB, when I power the phone on it says "Insert sim" for about a second before it shows the Contact Service.
With what has been suggested it looks as though I should be writing two seperate files to the phone??
If so which file do I write first?? MCU or PPM
I tried to unlock and update the FAID but the nokiatools says "Phone not connected"!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lastly!! when I tried to write the virgin eeprom file, the phone just goes into DEAD mode, whereas the thing wont even power up!
Thanks again
Brads

brads26
06-03-2003, 08:41 AM
Almost there!!!!!!!!!
I found a combined flash and now the "contact service" has gone:)
But,
When I switch the phone on, it doesnt even find or come on with the network provider. Is this the FAID or EMEI?
I did quick and full update!!
Brads