View Full Version : Flasher problems....
care2much
31-03-2003, 06:23 PM
Hey guys, I have a little problem:
I made my own dejan flasher but I had a spare 74*04 and I used it instead of the 74*14 .
Is there anything I should worry about and, more important, is this the reason for the Rolis flasher gives me the message(or smthng like it) : "Preinitialisation failed . check phone type, wires ..." ?
Please help me ...
:(
care2much
31-03-2003, 06:25 PM
I posted it here 'cause I tried it on a 5110.
adrianpopa
01-04-2003, 04:36 PM
The 74*14 is a hex inverting Schmitt trigger and the 74*04 is Hex inverter .
The difference? The Schmitt trigger is a comparator which switches the output negative when the input passes upward through a positive reference voltage. It then uses negative feedback to prevent switching back to the other state until the input passes through a lower threshold voltage, stabilizing the switching against rapid triggering by noise as it passes the trigger point.
So , yes you can expect problems when reading or writing.
lonegunman
01-04-2003, 10:38 PM
:eek: Where did you learn that?
care2much
02-04-2003, 10:27 AM
I really know the difference between the 14 and the 04 (thanks a lot) 'cause I am a 4th year student in Computer Science (Hardware) but I was wondering if is there a reason for the 14 to be there ...
The Nokia is (probablly) 100% digital CMOS or TTL tech so one should not worry 'bout signals not being instable...
^this is for Adrian (by the way are you from TM ?)
My parallel port has an 3.98V high level value what the f*** is the matter??
I measured some other ports on different computers and the level is still under 4V --- I say a "little" low for a TTL/CMOS level
I managed to do something with an ISA controller (4.8v high level)
but is not mine...
:mad:
adrianpopa
02-04-2003, 02:15 PM
@ care2much
I posted the info so you can see the differnces between the two parts. (I see u dont need it) No need to get angry, cause i'm not trying to patronise anybody.Just trying to help. Or maybe u dont care to much. :D
:confused:
(P.S. I'm from TR)
care2much
04-04-2003, 09:58 AM
Sorry, but I was angry at that time 'cause I had no phone at that moment...(reflashed but unsuccesfull)
ps.I am from OT but live in TM..
adrianpopa
05-04-2003, 06:37 PM
No offence taken. I understand
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.