PDA

View Full Version : NK 8310

gsmguy
04-04-2002, 01:19 PM
Where can I get Nk8310 software - programming software.

Graham
04-04-2002, 09:40 PM
Read the postings on this board.
No one outside of Nokia service centres has it yet but it is only a matter of time before it gets leaked.
You will no doubt need some new hardware as well so I don't expect it will be for free..... Not for some time.......

DavieB
08-04-2002, 04:46 AM
lol, actually very few places in the UK have it.. No Nokia centres in Glasgow do! Tho an independant repair place has it and is waiting for Nokia to "accredit it" (I assume this means smartcard activation, they weren't too forthcoming)..

New hardware is needed but that won't be the problem, flashes are encrypted so we'll be stuck there and I assume crc's and checks are calculated before encryption, embeded then the file is encrypted so we can't just flash a patch like before (unless nokia are really stupid that is!)

I suspect it will be about 6mnths - 1yr until the h/w and s/w is available for under £30,000 and about 2 years or more before it is free... It's pretty bad!

I've decided to use this time to broaden my horizons beyond Nokia and venture into other gsm's (Just done siemens, dunno what next! must be cheap tho.. lol)

B.r. :smile: