PDA

View Full Version : Help a newbie



bp3388
21-04-2003, 11:02 PM
OK Im just gonna let you all know im a complete newbie to the site. I found the link off of cellphonehacks anyways. i just got a cable not to long ago and i was wondering what the best prog. would be. I have a 5185, 5180, and a 5190. All shitty phones but what prog works the best just for simple ringtone transfers onto my cell. I really have no fucking idea what im doing. all information would be a huge help!

Thank you in advance

cigridlee
24-04-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by bp3388
OK Im just gonna let you all know im a complete newbie to the site. I found the link off of cellphonehacks anyways. i just got a cable not to long ago and i was wondering what the best prog. would be. I have a 5185, 5180, and a 5190. All shitty phones but what prog works the best just for simple ringtone transfers onto my cell. I really have no fucking idea what im doing. all information would be a huge help!

Thank you in advance

1. first you need a flasher cable, rolis 4.78 or knok-phoenix to download the flash from your cell, ppm edit.

2. then connect your flasher cable to the LPT port and the other end to the phone.

3. use rolis 4.78 or knok to read the flash from the phone. note: always read full flash the phone that serves as ur backup.

4. now that you got the flash, open it with ppm edit and click ringtones

5. there you can now add, delete, or edit ringtones.

6. save the file and write it to your phone.


thats all....

bp3388
24-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Ok i think i get what your saying. I bought a cable off Ebay. the link for it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20366&item=3019414091&rd=1

is that the right kind of cable? if so what do i download after that? I did download Logomanager, but i have a hunch that says thats not exactly what i need..

Any help would do a great deal of help

Thanks in advance

bp3388
29-04-2003, 02:15 AM
Ok i downloaded Knok 22....well tahst what the files clled and it doesnt have my phone in the options.. niether does Logomanager. Niether recognize my 5180...does anyone know of ny software that does work?

cigridlee
29-04-2003, 02:46 AM
hey...ive checked the link youve posted....its not a flasher cable its an mbus/fbus cable....an mbus/fbus cable is connected to your serial port or com port while the flasher cable is connected to your LPT port or the printer port.....you can use logomanager...try to search for the latest version maybe your phone is supported...if you want to buy a flasher cable try to visit this site www.ed2k.com.ph and try to look for ed2k or doubleB and tell them cigridlee refered you....their cables have the best quality and support.....happy flashing...

bp3388
29-04-2003, 02:49 AM
What can i do with this cable then???????

cigridlee
30-04-2003, 02:39 AM
you can use that to download or upload logos, ringtones, and many more to your phone....

bp3388
30-04-2003, 02:42 AM
With what program? I cant find a fuckin one that supports my phones. Niether Logomanger or Oxygen do. I dont know what other programs are out there.

If anyone can find one that supports a Nokia 5180, a Nokia 3285, or a Nokia 5185 PLEASE tell me!!!!

Thank You