PDA

View Full Version : I'm new, made a mistake, can you help?

Matthew
10-04-2002, 05:48 PM
Hi all. I'm new to this game so give me a little slack. :sad:

I partial flashed my 3310 4.19, dead, nothing, wouldnt power on. After hours of messing around I finally used a full flash of 4.45, phone came on, then turned off.

so.... put 4.24 on it, full flash, and it now comes on but wont accept ANY sim card. It stats, SIM card not accepted.

So tell me. What have I done wrong (wait for the flak!) and what can I do to remedy the situation.

Thank you in advance.

:smile:

Graham
10-04-2002, 08:01 PM
http://nokiafree.org/viewtopic.php/-/2313/19/1
Read the above earlier posting
You are not the first nore will you be the last to do this.
you will find the software you need on this site in the download area :- http://nokiafree.org/softwaredownload.php
All you need now is an Mbus data lead so you can unlock and update your phone.
Good Luck
Regards Graham

Matthew
12-04-2002, 10:18 AM
:grin: Thank you very much. Ordered a datacable yesterday, fingers crossed should be here today.

I have a wad of software and flash files now having trailed the internet for a few days, I'm thinking I must be able to repair it now! :lol:

One thing, will the fact that I have flashed it with a newer software version cause any problems?

Matt

Graham
13-04-2002, 09:09 PM
No problem at all just update with eeprom 3.1 or NokTool and phone will be ok.
Regards Graham

shady_phonix
02-05-2002, 09:23 AM
hey i have had the same prob with exactly the same phone and the same situation...

can u tell me what u did and what software u used?

would it be possible to send me the files i need to do it?

i have the flasher cable u have too

please help :confused:

ByteMe
02-05-2002, 10:12 AM
Hi!

u say your phone is 3310 4.19, and now is dead.

if u:

-> have a mbus cable (conects to a com port), u can upgrade your phone to latest version (5.13 i think).
just full flash (with flasher cable) your phone with a ppm pack wich contains your language (english, right?), so any pack should do, but try pack A.

Best tool to flash phone is Rolis 5.14. just open the flash file, press the down arrow at the toolbar and hit 'flash' and press the on button in the phone 4 a moment. rolis starts flashing, wait, it takes a while. when it's finished (with no errors, let's hope!) plug in mbus cable and use noktool by rolis 1.7b, select com port, update faid and clear sp locks. turn off your phone and unplug it.

it should be now a 3310 with v5.13.

you may have trouble when viewing picture messages, if so, u need to do a factory reset (i think it's SFR button).

of course all the personalization will be gone!:D

-> don't have a mbus cable

find a mcu flash file, version 4.19 and flash it using rolis 5.14

if the partial flash u made has messed up only MCU, then you should have ur phone has good has it was before cs

if it messed with PPM, u need to flash MCU&PPM to phone, but only version 4.19 with the language pack u had on phone (probably A). if it doesn't work (ex: the phone turns on! hurray, but it goes off every 20 seconds:( , try another language pack, but version 4.19.

if eeprom is messed up, then a mbus cable is mandatory. (or probably not)

just try post results.

you can find noktool rolis in the download section and don't know about the others, but search the net or the links section in this forum.

good luck!

Regards.
ByteMe.