PDA

View Full Version : 7210 Says Enter Restriction Code? What The!!!

danny2sweet
25-05-2003, 07:01 PM
I have received an unlock code for my Nokia 7210 and punched it in with the SIM out of the phone. I received a message saying the phone is not restricted which is what I expected. However, when I put in a SIM and rebooted the 7210 I got the following message:-

Phone restricted.

Then I press "Undo" and then i get the next screen:

Enter restriction code:

Ok Clear

When I entered the relevant #pw code used to desrestrict the phones initially, it says "Code Error", what do I do now?

I tried entering the 7 digit "Code:" on the label behind the battery but that did not work.

This is confusing since the phones said "restriction off" with a "tick logo" when I punched in the unlock codes the first time around??

I was never asked what the firmware version of the phone was, so I take it that was not an important factor in the calculation of the unlock code...

The phone was originally on Orange. Can anyone help?

winnie_pooh73
04-04-2004, 11:05 AM
hi did you ever get the 'enter restriction code' problem sorted as i have the same prob with 7250i local 'unlocker' @ mraket unable to unlock it

I have received an unlock code for my Nokia 7210 and punched it in with the SIM out of the phone. I received a message saying the phone is not restricted which is what I expected. However, when I put in a SIM and rebooted the 7210 I got the following message:-

Phone restricted.

Then I press "Undo" and then i get the next screen:

Enter restriction code:

Ok Clear

When I entered the relevant #pw code used to desrestrict the phones initially, it says "Code Error", what do I do now?

I tried entering the 7 digit "Code:" on the label behind the battery but that did not work.

This is confusing since the phones said "restriction off" with a "tick logo" when I punched in the unlock codes the first time around??

I was never asked what the firmware version of the phone was, so I take it that was not an important factor in the calculation of the unlock code...

The phone was originally on Orange. Can anyone help?

Yotamz
04-04-2004, 12:51 PM
this thread was posted about a year ago.. i guess he has already found the answer...

just download the calculator from the stickies, and use it to calc a code for your phone.

killoser
10-04-2004, 01:47 PM
i have exactly the same prob with Orange too. i have macintosh so i can't use the pc software....anabody can help me?

MITCHOVCURROCK
06-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Right i have just had similar problem with my girlfriends 8310 dont know whether this will help you.

I went to http://unlock.nokiafree.org/ then i entered IMEI which can either be accessed via *#06# or its is also on the back of the phone under the battery it is the number xxxxxx/xx/xxxxxx/x miss the / out and it works fine.

Select the network which was orange uk for me and select GEN - Original.

when you get the codes enter the 7th one down i tried entering the first but they dont work totally. the 7th unlocks the phone totally for any other network.

Hope this helps.