View Full Version : How to flash old 5110?
LowCost
28-05-2003, 10:55 AM
Hi! I have an old 5110 with firmware version 5.04 and I'd like to flash it with a newest version.
Can I use any 5110 firmware, or must I use a DSP ROM3 firmware, or maybe a DSP ROM4 firmware?
And what's the difference between these two families?
Thanks
Low
Client
06-06-2003, 11:10 AM
hi .. you have to take care on the ROM Version ... ROM3 and ROM4 are kinds of the processor, i think ..
if you don't know what ROM Version you have,
Noktool 1.8 or 1.9 are showing the ROM Version to you ..
you need a mbus cable for this ...
liteFun
06-06-2003, 06:50 PM
rom3 vx.yy, rom4 v0x.yy or vice versa. you can see it from version (*#0000#).
same thing on 6110 dsp3/4, 8210.
BOEBOE
15-06-2003, 09:11 AM
Mr. LowCost,
May I have yor backup of your 5.04 version??
Je_NNeL
20-08-2003, 04:19 AM
@ Everyone
tanx for the info now i know the difference between ROM3 and ROM4 of 5130...? now i can flash my Fone...! can anybody post how to Combine MCU and PPM to become *.fls (extension filename)...? and also the Procedures in FLashing Nokia 5130 (NSK-1)... tanx again and more power...
Je_NNeL
chunkhead
21-08-2003, 05:09 AM
Take a look at the Rolis Flashing Guide in the Forum FAQ! This will show you how to combine a flash and it also has pictures showing you how!;)
Je_NNeL
21-08-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by chunkhead
Take a look at the Rolis Flashing Guide in the Forum FAQ! This will show you how to combine a flash and it also has pictures showing you how!;)
tanx 4 the info and more power...
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.