PDA

View Full Version : 3310 no call

Big Ted
28-06-2002, 04:31 PM
I have a friends 3310 it had a problem before i updated to 4.75 that the signal would be lost, but now when i switch it on near a speaker no sound can be heard from the speaker but the signal strength bar show what it should, (sometimes maximum, sometimes one from max) so i assume it is regerstring to the network. when i call the phone i get the answerphone, and can't make any calll from it as if it has no signal. I updated faid using knok and eprom tools and tried other flashes inc 3315 but all do the same. I will try another aeriel and see what happens.
Any ideas anybody ?

Cheers + Beers

Ted

Big Ted
28-06-2002, 08:54 PM
now it has it's original problem back, connects to the network for about 10 secs then drops the signal, if i do a factory reset from the phone it displays the network providers name but no signal.

any more ideas ?

Cheers
Ted

takt29
28-06-2002, 09:11 PM
you need to calc then update the faid using m/bus cable

Big Ted
29-06-2002, 08:23 AM
I have done that using eprom tools, knok and rollis tried them all, still to no avail.

Thx

Ted

wfc
29-06-2002, 08:31 AM
flash new software and a virgin eeprom
then quick set faid using knok
if that doesnt work try replacing the PA and the antenna switch:)

Big Ted
01-07-2002, 06:14 PM
Have been given a 3330 with exactly the same symptoms, but they admit to this one being droped so possibly is the ariel switch, will have a play and let you know.

correa
08-07-2002, 10:23 AM
I've got a 3310 that picks up no signal. I'm going to try the software first but would also like to know how to go about checking the antenna switch, where it is etc.
Thanks.

Redje2000
09-07-2002, 03:18 AM
I have also a problem with my 3310.
When i start the gsm, i finds a provider for 5 seconds and then i don't have a provider anymore.
can anyone explain how to check your gsm what's wrong with it??

and what you have got to change to make it work again!!

Greetz

Sdriver^
09-07-2002, 07:02 AM
If anyone knows the hardware solution to this problem (ie. certain RF components to replace, where to get them etc) I'd be extremely interested! I've had this no signal 3310 for ages. I've upgraded, downgraded, calc faid, everything all to no avail. In fact, I even cleaned it with an air brush, followed by alcohol cleansing. All with no problem fixed. It is definately an RF component, but which one and what the most common one is the question mark.

I'd appreciate if someone could give me visual reference as well. (ie. photos of which is which and what is what).

Thanks,
Kris

Big Ted
09-07-2002, 10:56 AM
I have put a link to my site, the file is called trouble3310, it is zipped and in pdf format, it may help it shows pictures and diagrams of what to test and components and what they are.

it will only be there for a few days (3.1MB) hope it helps

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/big.ted/stuff/trouble3310.zip

Ted

Sdriver^
09-07-2002, 11:31 AM
Thanks for that. I've already checked that document, its very informative, but very very complex. So complex in fact, that I don't understand it or its' diagrams. :/

Thanks anyway,
Kris

wfc
09-07-2002, 02:57 PM
from my experience 33xx have a lot of problems with the PA and the antenna switch. after changing these two components the problem is usually solved:)

cece
11-07-2002, 09:10 AM
Can some give me a link or just mail the zip file trouble3310.zip.
Whene I download the file from: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/big.te...trouble3310.zip
the file is corrupt.
Thanks

ps: have someone a solution for this probleme: 3310 comes white full bloks on the network an signal drops in a second. The no signal. I have flashed and update faid, reset full factory.

CELEC
11-07-2002, 02:08 PM
I have also the same problem with my 3310. I did all the possible software solution and it did not work. Upgrade, downgrade, update faid, and so on but still no network, even in manual and automatic network selection. I changed the PA, antenna switch and also the hagar but still the same problem no network found........Is there anybody know the solution for the said problem?

Tnz,