PDA

View Full Version : 8250 contact service

kush
05-07-2002, 05:51 AM
4 months ago, drunken Kush spills half a glass of bourbon on his new 8250. Next day phone displays CONTACT SERVICE. Tried gettting it repaired but Nokia wouldn't touch it as it had had contact with water. :(

Anyway, a few days ago the phone actually started working fine again :D:D A couple of days after that, the microphone stopped working, but i could still use it by using hands free so it wasn't so bad. Anyway, thismorning when i turned my phone on i was once again greeted with the CONTACT SERVICE message :(

What does this mean?? Obviously nothing is extensively damaged as the fone did start working after a long period of time. Is there a way i can get it to work again? Should i not be pulling it apart and cleaning it with a toothbrush. What are Flashers and all them other things you guys talk about?? Is there a simple code i can punch in to reset it?

Your help will be greatly appreciated..

Cheers guys!

Liam
05-07-2002, 09:50 AM
i got a couple of really badly damaged 3310s working this way...

take the phone apart and run the cold water tap...

brush gently with a toothbrush, all the sticky bourbon needs to come off... when you think you have cleaned it. gently dry it with a hair dryer, not too hot and not too close or you may heat it up and resitors etc fall off :(

put the phone back together and you may get contact service again, or you may not.

if you do, take it apart, clean all the magnetic shielding to remove finger prints and put it back, tighten the screws, but not over tighten and not undertighten and take back to the service centre...

at least now there is no evidence of bourbon and they may repair it for you :D