PDA

View Full Version : Alphatag and IRDB

Silva
18-07-2002, 01:08 AM
Dear friends,
I don't know with relationship to you but, here in my country and in my area some operators transmit the alphatag for mobile stations and in these cases doesn't advance to write anything in IRDB because only appears in the display that is sent for the operator. This problem is more frequent in some versions of the nokia 5120. In 5125 3320.
The customers want to have its names appearing in the display. I already heard several colleagues they speak that the version 5.31 of the wintesla just solves this problem but, up to now I didn't have success in none of the phones that I tried. I Already tried to edit the EEPROM changing the name of the operator when this appears, for other thing any but, it is always the same thing. After restarting the phone, there it is again the alphatag sent for the operator and when I read the phone with the wintesla appears in IRDB that I wrote.
Well! Me no longer I donīt know what to do. Perhaps the solution is so simple that me nor has given me bill. But, the truth is that I am still seeking a solution for this problem. If somebody can help me, I will be vastly grateful.
All and any help will be well coming.
Thankful,
Silva.
[email protected]

phonedudes
18-07-2002, 09:28 AM
Silva,

So you are writing the TAG in the ALPHA TAG spot of the IRDB using WINTESLA or are you changing it in NAM PROGRAMMING?

Since it sounds like the newer DUAL BAND phones are like the TRI-BAND phones here where there are 2 locations the ALPHA TAG is stored.

Give me more specifics on Version Software, Model of Phone, and Method you changed alpha tag.
There also should be a function that says ALPHA TAG enable or disable (for receiving OTA)

PHONEDUDES:D