PDA

View Full Version : GPRS not working

leobhavin
31-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Hi,

I have bought a Trium Eclipse, but certain options are not available in the phone. For example for GPRS it says click on Internet and then click Settings and then click Access Point Names. But the Acess Point Names option is only not present. Rest like Clear Cache, Clear Address, User Preference and Push Preference is present. Also in the User preference the Preferred Packet option is also not present.
Even the option to change from Standard to Modem is not available. Is this a problem in the software??
I have my complete setup for GPRS ready but since Access Point Name option is not available I cannot connect to the service.
Also I read in one of the threads to check for flash version by doing *8506 but what to press after *8506. I tried all different combinations, but I could not get the value of flash version.
I got a cable that I can connect to my PC along with the phone. What can I do in this situation...I have already paid loads of money for the GPRS activation and now I come to the point that the options are missing.
Please HELP!!! URGENT!!!

Thanks in advance for any sort of help.

BHAVIN SHAH.

AlienTech
07-09-2003, 05:19 AM
You need to HOLD * and type in 5806

4RNR6100 has no GPRS and you can use the phone in modem mode with the cable and pay the higher voice connect rates :D
47NH6820 also is without GPRS support.

AlienTech
11-09-2003, 04:27 PM
Just checked with a phone that has GPRS, it has an extra option in the main menu below internet with GPRS test, and the last menu option under Internet settings says set access point where you can enter alias, login name and password..