PDA

View Full Version : file explorer

marson_wolves
31-08-2003, 06:42 AM
hi
do i have to have a file explorer (seleq or FExplorer) on my phone to enable me to send and immediatley use any apps,games movies etc i send to my phone either using a infrared connection or a mmc card reader or both or can i just send them and they will work when i click on them
a file example being IRremote total?
cheers

tzeonn
31-08-2003, 09:42 PM
hi
do i have to have a file explorer (seleq or FExplorer) on my phone to enable me to send and immediatley use any apps,games movies etc i send to my phone either using a infrared connection or a mmc card reader or both or can i just send them and they will work when i click on them
a file example being IRremote total?
cheers

when u send to ur fone appliactions, it ends up in ur inbox, juz click on the app in the inbox, it will install itself. file explorer enables u to send files, set op logo, and more functions.

marson_wolves
01-09-2003, 03:03 AM
hi cheers for the last post about applications
but what if its games,movies or ringtones etc is it the same does it go to the inbox of my nokia 3650 and then will i have to install it or just copy it to a folder and it should work straight away

please help

Giggsy
01-09-2003, 07:44 PM
Java games and apps automatically installed when u opened it in ur inbox. For symbian apps, transferred to Manager when u opened it, so u can install it from Manager. U can open and save sound file (and then delete the original file in inbox) and pics when u opened it in inbox. For movies file, I guess the best way is to cut and paste it from file manager app (eFile Manager, SeleQ, fexplore etc)

ron2002
22-09-2003, 07:27 AM
if i transfer apps from a cmputer to my phone via IR, do i need to have a certain software on my Mac to perform this?what would it be?

bracesguy
24-09-2003, 06:08 AM
if i transfer apps from a cmputer to my phone via IR, do i need to have a certain software on my Mac to perform this?what would it be?

not necessarily. you just right click the file on your computer, then select send via infrared. then as you received it to your inbox, open it, and it will autmatically run the .sis application.