PDA

View Full Version : IrDA Connection to PC Suite with 7650 Problem

Makeitso
04-09-2003, 03:08 PM
Hi, After loads of tried and reading many, many treads on many, many forums, I have finally managed to connect my 7650 via Infrared to the Nokia PC Suite.
I am now using the Sigamtel drivers for XP and instead of selecting the 'V6102F' device instead I select the 'V6102E' device and this connects to PC Suite with no proiblems....That is apart from ONE! This is that whilst connected and transferring files (pics, contacts etc..) The connection gets interrupted and transfer stops.
I have tried slowing down thw speed from the default to all the various speeds, but no luck, all that does it slow the downloads, but still disconnects intermitantly.
I have also unchecked the boxes relating to notification and allowing others to download files etc.. as mentioned in other threads.
Although I can transef individual files ususally with no problem, I cannot sync my phone to do backups of files and settings cause the connection kepps on getting intterupted.
Does anyone know why? Or can anyone suggest anything I can try to stabilize the connection?
Thanks in advance!

Kaibigan
07-09-2003, 12:17 PM
I had a similar problem once on a computer that goes on a powersaving mode by interrupting a serial or IR connection after about a minute or so. I tried all sorts of settings including adjusting the way those i/o ports behave to make sure they don't time out. Unfortunately, it didn't work. But after many adjustments I found a solution. Not sure if it's going to work on your case, but there's no harm in trying. My solution was to simply run a batch file in a dos window to keep the processor busy. I'm attaching a batch file and what it does is just runs a dir and loops it. Then see if your connection becomes stable. Let us know the results. Thanks.

sens
07-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Makeitso,
I'm using Mars2 IR device at the moment and when I bought it I had the same problems as you now. Honestly, every single time when I plug in my external IR device to other PC I've the same problems.
Solution - when you go to MyComputer/ControlPanel/WirelessLink - click to properties and try to change the speed and the type of the adaptor / if possible /. For example, 115200 speed, etc.
I don't know why, it may sound strange to you, but every single time I try to cope with the problem of stabilising the connections - the solutions are different and become harder.
Finally, a lot of people meet almost the same problem as you know when trying to connect their phones with PCs via IR and that's why I'm thinking of buying Bluetooth adaptor for my PC. Just a suggestion for you. Good luck and best wishes :)

Makeitso
08-09-2003, 01:12 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the replies folks, but I think I've dorted it all out.
1. I changed the driver to 'V6102E'.
2. I have unchecked all tick boxes under the 'Infrared tab' and all the checkboxes under the 'Image transfer tab'
3. I Changed the speed to 38,000.
That was it! Now it works perfectly!
As for Bluetooth, That was the first thing I bought. I cant even get pc suite to recognise my phone with bluetooth! It was 10 times harder then trying to connecr the IR dongle!
No support whatsoever from Nokia!
The trouble is that there are so many different makes of BT and IR, that, unless you find someone with exactly the same hardware and set up as you, then basically you're borked!
Hope you have some success with what I did.
Oh yes, Kaibigan! I'm sure you already tried this, but did you go to the hardware tab of the wireless link control psanel and untick the box that says 'Allow the PC to switch off this device to save power'?
Just a thought!
Thanks anyway folks!

Kaibigan
08-09-2003, 10:03 AM
Oh yes, Kaibigan! I'm sure you already tried this, but did you go to the hardware tab of the wireless link control psanel and untick the box that says 'Allow the PC to switch off this device to save power'?
Just a thought!
Thanks anyway folks!

Yes, I did. It has something to do with this particular model I'm using. Works well on other computers. It was just an idea as some computers behave differently. Glad it worked out well for you!

Have a nice day!

realmmahesh
14-09-2003, 06:17 AM
HI there. I have got the permanant solution for your problems.
If you are win xp user, goto the properties page of the IRDA device. the click Advanced Tab > Infrared Tranciver type > Change the default Value to some other of the same type. Also change the speed to 115200.

Thats is you have done it. Restart The system. Enjoy!
Win 9x/ ME users will find these in Control Panel > netwotk Properties > select your IRDA device > Properties ......