PDA

View Full Version : 3410 java application importing tool

jeep
14-09-2003, 05:35 PM
Well, after many delays (some due to busy private life, others due to nfree being down!) here it is...

PMMMMMMMMMMMMMMManager for 3410

(note PMM, not PPM - they are very different)

Feature list is a big long, but here's the main ones that people will be interested in:

* Import Java with a simple drag and drop (works on win 98 now)
* Export all java from your phone to jad/jar files
* View chronological history of calls made, missed, received.
* Most "deleted" data is still viewable
* "Wipe" function to remove "deleted" data from your phone
* View java application saved data
* View/save picture messages, startup and operator logos (also deleted ones)
* View T9 custom dictionary entries, sms templates, smileys.
* See WAP settings, cache contents, bookmarks etc.
* Support (limited) for Cyrillic and Greek characters.
* Edit EEPROM settings (lifetimer, purchase date etc.)
* Graphical memory display (complete 3410 flash memory)

* Advanced features available - for developers and reversers to play with raw hex for the undecoded parts (animated screensavers, ringtones, voicetags etc.)

USING THE PROGRAM
Pmmmmmmm works with partial flash files. You need to know how to use knok/rolis/whatever and your cable to do this - see the forum FAQ if you are not sure. MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF THE PHONE BEFORE STARTING.

Rolis 4.79 gives checksum errors when reading 3410 eeprom area - this is a bug in rolis and can be safely ignored. kNok is slow, but works fine.

Read 570000-600000 to a file and then open it in pmmmmmm.
(drag and drop the .fls file or select it from the history list if you've opened the file before)

TIPS FOR IMPORTING JAVA
Rename the JAD and JAR file to the same name, exactly as you want the program to appear in your phone and make sure they're in the same directory.
eg. "Great Game.jad", "Great Game.jar" will appear in the menu as "Great Game". You can choose if it should be in the "more games" or applications menu - again, drag and drop is the easiest way to select, you can drop the jad or the jar and it will work out everything for you.

Of course you can keep adding java if you want - but try not to mix WAP downloaded java and cable uploaded java (I won't go into why here, but try deleting everything if you have any problems and import to an "empty" flash)

You can import more than the maximum 180k of java to the phone, but applications will not be able to save data files if you do this. Some applications work ok (they just won't save high scores etc) but others will crash. Horribly. Just delete a few programs using the phone menu to get back to <180k and you'll be fine.

Just make sure you can flash before trying this program out and remember to always flash PMM/EEPROM back to 570000 and not 200000!!!

Thanks again to the beta testers - I couldn't have done it without you guys (especially the memory bug in windows 98 that prevented this being released a month ago!)

George

bobl
14-09-2003, 05:51 PM
Woot, it's finally here, after beta testing, I nearly went insane. Silly Win 98 memory management...

But it's fixed and it works, no more having to wait a few hours for importing like the early betas, ultra fast and working :)

Thank you Jeep! :)

Have a cold beer ;)

Bob

P.S. Backup, backup backup. And don't flash to 0x20..., it just doesn't work!

thanasis
14-09-2003, 08:37 PM
A great program for 3410 !!!!

thank you Jeep !!!

BOEBOE
14-09-2003, 08:56 PM
Yes!!! Good job!

Great to see this Forum be active!

Mark_M
14-09-2003, 11:56 PM
George!
Many thanks for your program and idea in general!
The magnificent program for Nokia 3410!
It was very pleasant to communicate with you during testing.
Many thanks again!

Mark

jeep
16-09-2003, 04:08 AM
Thanks all :)

Development hasn't finished! There is still work to be done on the unicode support, but this is stable (unlike the leaked version) and most people are probably only interested in the java import function anyway!

@bobl
The very first import actually took days - I sat down with a page of calculations and a hex editor, but it worked! ;)
I'll take you up on the offer of beer though next time you're in the area!

George

z0z3ko_Ol
16-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for this wonderful tool jeep.
At last something for my 3410 :-o

asgaardro
18-09-2003, 01:11 AM
use a download manager

asgaardro
18-09-2003, 01:17 AM
i have send the latest beta beacause the people was asking?
they will understand...my friend

wwanthony
28-09-2003, 01:26 AM
Hi,
I dont seem to be able to find the import function?
I have loaded the partial flash and the program has read the details of it correctly, but I cant find an import button or any direction as to where i should drag and drop the games i wish to import?

Please inform me of how to import games using your tool.

Thanks

asgaardro
28-09-2003, 04:44 AM
Hi,
I dont seem to be able to find the import function?
I have loaded the partial flash and the program has read the details of it correctly, but I cant find an import button or any direction as to where i should drag and drop the games i wish to import?

Please inform me of how to import games using your tool.

Thanks
try to java tab and go to right side and u shall see import tab second tab from top
the first tab is export

dazexy
28-09-2003, 02:52 PM
Hi!

I've tried pmmmmmanager and it's great, but i've noticed one thing...
When the phone run out of free place of default chunks and i try to add new chunk the following happens:

After flashing the modded part the phone need at least 3 restart, to come back alive, and after that no games and apps on phone... (180k free)

Is it normal or i am so dumb???

Please explain me what do i wrong...

Sorry for my english...

DaZe

wwanthony
28-09-2003, 11:50 PM
Thanks asgaadro!

I had trouble seeing the far right of proggie as i'm using 600x800 screen.

Great little tool this is!
BIG pat on the back for Jeep!

thanasis
29-09-2003, 12:42 AM
Hi!

I've tried pmmmmmanager and it's great, but i've noticed one thing...
When the phone run out of free place of default chunks and i try to add new chunk the following happens:

After flashing the modded part the phone need at least 3 restart, to come back alive, and after that no games and apps on phone... (180k free)

Is it normal or i am so dumb???

Please explain me what do i wrong...

Sorry for my english...

DaZe

try to not get over 180 kb.some java need memory to save.

dazexy
29-09-2003, 08:29 AM
try to not get over 180 kb.some java need memory to save.

sorry, i never put more than 180k to my phone...

In the FLS what i open there was 2 chunk (munkiki's and an another one)

and i tried to add the third chunk and insert some jar and the phone restart 3 time an nothing on phone... (180k free)

A followed the instructions, i deleted everything from flash before i tried to insert games...

I can't understand... please help...

thanasis
29-09-2003, 03:55 PM
sorry, i never put more than 180k to my phone...

In the FLS what i open there was 2 chunk (munkiki's and an another one)

and i tried to add the third chunk and insert some jar and the phone restart 3 time an nothing on phone... (180k free)

A followed the instructions, i deleted everything from flash before i tried to insert games...

I can't understand... please help...

try to delete all your java from your eeprom and then import java with the program.i hope this will help.

krisha
09-10-2003, 01:54 AM
very nice... thank you.

i searched for a tool like this and didn't find.
i wanted to do by my own....

but there is no need any more!
this tool can do more than i dreamed of :)

but i have a problem: if i open a pmm in the message box is written "decoding chunk 0" and then the program hangs :(
os: win98se and xp; maybe it's the pmm that let's hang the program ?

jeep
12-10-2003, 12:32 PM
but i have a problem: if i open a pmm in the message box is written "decoding chunk 0" and then the program hangs. os: win98se and xp; maybe it's the pmm that let's hang the program ?One tester reported this problem, which was then fixed, but maybe it wasn't fixed fully. If you can get the pmm file to me then I'll look into it - PM me for an email address or upload it to a website and PM me the URL.

PMM received and I'll see what I can find

George

chunkhead
13-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Is it possoible to use FLSSpace to create more memory for games?

jeep
13-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Is it possoible to use FLSSpace to create more memory for games?Well, there's the best part of half a meg available already (if you're careful), but having >180k causes all kinds of problems. Better to edit the MCU first and remove this problem before adding more memory ;)

jeep
14-10-2003, 07:33 PM
but i have a problem: if i open a pmm in the message box is written "decoding chunk 0" and then the program hangsAfter ploughing through the 22,500 lines of badly documented source, I found the problem

Bug description (for those interested):
Krisha's flashfile had "club nokia" entries with 0 length, causing the program to lock up when it tried to decode the (non-existent) bookmark text...

Fix: Now pmmmmm doesn't try to decode zero length strings

No other changes were made, so if you haven't seen the bug, don't bother downloading this version

George

z0z3ko_Ol
14-10-2003, 07:39 PM
jeep, how about an option to delete games/apps in pmm

jeep
14-10-2003, 08:03 PM
jeep, how about an option to delete games/apps in pmmI was going to add that, but it requires a lot of data injection - I left it out as it's very quick and easy to just use the phone menu! When (if) I get deadfaid working properly I'll take another look....

krisha
15-10-2003, 01:51 AM
thx a lot, now it works perfect

sirpaul1
07-11-2003, 02:02 AM
looks like i'm gonna have to get a 3410 to try this out. Sounds good

mg70brz
01-12-2003, 01:44 PM
I tried some times to place the game prince of persia and grand prix in the address of the flash that asks for to use in this program, but do not obtain nothing...
exists a way of I to order my complete flash [ ploughs somebody and to place the games and to order in return for me?

:-o :-o

asgaardro
02-12-2003, 11:12 PM
@mg70brz
i'll help pls send me \u're eeprom and i'll send u back with pop GP, other games if u whant
[email protected]

jameel
13-06-2004, 12:41 PM
I've recently joined the forum and downloaded and used PmmManager. Brilliant ! a great lifesaver and a welcome rescue from expensive OTA delivery (even of self-written programs).

I use Rolis 479 for reading and writing and find it much better than Knock.

I'm fully content with PmmManager but are there any plans to be able to add Application data (via the RMS tab) in any future versions ?

Thanks once again to the writes of PmmManager (and Rolis) for giving 3410 users like myself the flexibility we've previously yearned for.

Jameel

visualbasicer
28-06-2004, 11:13 PM
I read a lot about a pmm manager in this forum but i can't find a link to download this program
How can I recieve it?