PDA

View Full Version : Little problem :(

newbs
27-07-2002, 01:27 AM
Well this is my first attemp at upgrading a phone... this is the problem that I hope someone can help me with :)

Ok I have a 8210 Rom 5

Stage 1

I have uploaded the ppm and mcu of a 8850 v5.30 (from 020000 to 03D0000) anyway Once i had done that I obviously got "CONTACT SERVICE" So im thinking, "right this is looking ok so far according to my instructions"

Now that i had done that i opened up Knok to update faid and set imei etc... however it doesnt want to read my phone (now on mbus cable obviously) It just gives me an error saying phone isnt turned on when it clearly is!

Stage 2

Ok now i upload the 8210 stuff back to phone and everything is fine...

I decide to have another experiment, I do exactly as before but this time i upload a 8850 eeprom as wel (03D0000 to 040000) Anyhoo I get exactly the same problem... it says contact service and absolutely no programs will read the phone on mbus (the cable is fine as it works 100% when the phone has 8210 software on)

Am i missing something here? or does the phone just not want to be a 8850 :mad:

Thanks for any help... I tried to keep this short and sweet, but i failed.

Newbs

newbs
01-08-2002, 01:26 AM
Well thanks for all the useful tips you useless bunch!

I finally found a full flash and it works now:) yey i have a 8850! I guess it was worth all that hard work just so that the menu icons changed slightly! (i cant see any difference in the features etc... but at least i know i can do it!)