PDA

View Full Version : PC suite - Outlook synchronization

Cod
26-09-2003, 01:54 AM
I am having problems synchronizing my contacts in commy with Outlook 2000. I synchronized commy >>> outlook 2000 contacts where non were in outlook before. Only a part information were copy to outlook. After couple of tries I found out its because outlook didn't recognize fields like GSM(preffered), tel(preffered) and similar. Only tel, mobile, address, mail were recognized. Any idea how to tell to outlook to synchronize all numbers founded on my commy? Thanks whoever can help me. Cod

markozob
26-09-2003, 09:58 AM
Yesterday I did a backup-restore for my brother's SonyEriccson, and I experienced the same thing. finally, I got out of it with installing Lotus Organizer, exporting contacts to it, then from Lotus Organizer saveas CSV, import in Outlook. Long way, I know, but I didn't find any other method...

sektor_1
26-09-2003, 10:33 AM
Same here, Lotus organizer does recognise some of the extra fields in the commy that outlook doesn't. Just the way it is I spose.

Cod
27-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Ouuuright guys, LOTUS coming on my Pc for the first time. I hoped I could avoid that. Anyone ask nokia about this issue?
Cod

FatBoy
28-09-2003, 04:57 PM
Hello everyone,

I also had tremendous problem regarding this.

In all these 3 years I've had my commy, with our 2500 contacts, I still don't have a durn backup, (except manualy copying the contacts.cdb file, which is no use as I still have'nt found a way to open it)

I got happy by what sektor said about Lotus, so yesterday I downloaded Lotus Orgniser 6, and after I syniced, still the same, all my custom fields are not mapped properly. In some contacts I have like 15 telephone numbers, and only about 3 were copied,

I hope someone can help me also. As far as I know there is only 1 program which can do it correctly and that is "Contact Manager", but noone has been able to crack that program for a long time.

Bob.

sektor_1
30-09-2003, 11:48 AM
Have u guys tried SmartVCard.

http://my-symbian.com/9210/applications/applications.php?faq=27&fldAuto=417

I used this to export all my contacts to a .vf file.

Cod
03-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Have u guys tried SmartVCard.

http://my-symbian.com/9210/applications/applications.php?faq=27&fldAuto=417

I used this to export all my contacts to a .vf file.

So finalyy I'm stucked 'cos I've no idea how to export contacts even to Lotus. Can you Sektor do me a favour and explain me process how to do it?
Cheers Cod

mjellesma
07-10-2003, 09:33 PM
Export your contacts as a comma delimeted file
Copy the file to your PC
Import the comma delimeted file in Outlook

Ore use the Old Nokia 9210 suite in combination whit MS Outlook 2000 this is working perfect

Cod
10-10-2003, 02:47 PM
Export your contacts as a comma delimeted file
Copy the file to your PC
Import the comma delimeted file in Outlook

Ore use the Old Nokia 9210 suite in combination whit MS Outlook 2000 this is working perfect

I don't know how to force lotus to connect to my commy. What is the system? I've got lotus organiser 6 installed atm.
Cod