PDA

View Full Version : 3510i - pc conection.

ravinmadrider
28-09-2003, 09:18 PM
My son has a 3510i and would like to conect his phone to our laptop so he can upload polyphonic tunes etc to his phone.
We have brought a data cable and have tried nokia pc suite 5.1, but when we attach the cable the phone displays a messege saying that the phone does not suport this accesory.

Q1: does this phone have the ability to conect to a pc and download tunes?

Q2: If it does what software does it need?

Q3: do all cables fit poorly as ours does, fiddly to fit behind the battery?

Looking forward to any info or tips.

Ravinmadrider.

mazhar_007
28-09-2003, 10:57 PM
Hello Mr Ravinmadrider

Recently I too have bought a 3510i with a cable and then i also got the same software Nokia PC suite 5.1 and also got the same error on the mobile that Acessory Not Supported,I think it is because of the cable.

Cables are of two types here where i live in jeddah (KSA) one being the orignal one and other the duplicate or fake one which indeed works fine with other softwares like Oxygen Phone Manager and MobiMB. Try out these two softwares and your cable will work fine.And also,if anyone has any info on how to work this cable (fake) on nokia pc suite 5.1 please help me too...

thanks
bye
mazhar

29-09-2003, 11:11 AM
pc suite 5.1 is not for 3530/3510i. if the cable you use for this
is a fbus cable (fits under the battery) then you may use
MobiMB or Oygen phone manager for uploading tones, pictures,
applications and games. pc suite 5.1 is for 7210/7250/7250i,
6610/6100 etc. and it only works with bluetooth, infrared or
the dku5 cable which fits at the bottom of the phone (pop port)
connection.

ravinmadrider
29-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Ahhh... the wonders of the international knowlage database.

Thanks for your prompt and precise information, i shall now search for said software and for a short while stop my sons moaning.

Many thanks.

Ravinmadrider

MellowBizkit
29-09-2003, 03:57 PM
I'm using a Nokia 3100 and have this cable (pic attached). The question is:

1.) Does anyone have the driver to install (on Windows XP)
2.) Will it work on Nokia PC Suite 5.17?
3.)If the answer for question #2 is no,which version of MobiMB and OPM II is compatible for my phone?

Thanks in advance for all the possible help :)

MellowBizkit
29-09-2003, 03:58 PM
forgot to attach the pcture...here's the pic

jethrotull
01-10-2003, 05:11 PM
i use a cheap data cable and use oxygen phone manager 2 which allows uploading of games, tones, pictures and you can backup the whole phone to pc.very useful and easy to use. take a look at www.oxygensoftware.com

James Watt
03-10-2003, 12:22 AM
My son has a 3510i and would like to conect his phone to our laptop so he can upload polyphonic tunes etc to his phone.
We have brought a data cable and have tried nokia pc suite 5.1, but when we attach the cable the phone displays a messege saying that the phone does not suport this accesory.

Q1: does this phone have the ability to conect to a pc and download tunes?

Q2: If it does what software does it need?

Q3: do all cables fit poorly as ours does, fiddly to fit behind the battery?

Looking forward to any info or tips.

Ravinmadrider.

Hi.
I have had my 3510i just over 3 months now. I purchased an F-Bus cable adaptor from a computer fair, and Oxygen Phone Manager II from the UK agent.

I had to re-site the foam rubber border around the contacts to prevent fouling, also you have to ensure it clicks into place to avoid bad connections. I have no problems with it.

My comp' uses Windows 98 SE, and I use Com Port 1, but I recently added Win2K on a "Dual Boot" basis so I could use an Emulator.

I also downloaded Ringtone Workshop as it enables ringtones to be added to the list of ones for assigning, rather than going into "Gallery".

Hope this is of use to you.

Regards from James Watt