PDA

View Full Version : 8210 startup problem

observer
07-08-2002, 10:46 AM
People!

After turning on my phone and giving the password, the screen
turns blank! The problem started after opening a received
sms message. What can I do to fix this thing???

It definately seems to be a software problem, but now what?

Greetings,

Observer

twist
15-08-2002, 12:04 PM
Try to change lcd.
That's not software problem because phone works OK, but there is nothing on screen.

rraghvani
15-08-2002, 12:49 PM
Hi Observer,

My friend had the same problem with his 8250 which he bought from me!

My friend is it a bit careless with phones, and he managed to drop the phone. One day he received a text (sms) message while he was talking on the phone, as he went to view the text message the screen went blank. From there on, when he switches the phone on and enters his password, the Nokia logo will come up and the screen will go blank. The phone is still usable, but it’s useless if you can not see the screen.

We tried everywhere to get the phone repaired, but since the phone is 8250 they don’t repair it in the UK. Some shops suggested replacing the elastomer (the bit that sits between the LCD and PCB). So I opened up the phone and I noticed one of the clips that holds the LCD in place came out. I put the click back in place and the phone was working again. Since then my friend hasn’t had any problems with the screen going blank.

Try the following:

- Open the phone, and make sure the metal clips that hold the LCD (screen) is clipped in properly.

- Once you’ve enter your password in, quickly press the up or down keys a few times when the Nokia logo comes up. This will skip the logo, and from there you should see the main menu screen.

raguanlao
19-08-2002, 04:17 PM
this type of problem is not a software one......JUST CHANGE the LCD......works always...