PDA

View Full Version : How to use MMC card to Install SIS file to Nokia 3650?

prodex
04-11-2003, 09:32 AM
Is it possible to install application and software with mmc card? i copied the sis file to mmc card but i can't find anything in application manager on the phone......

madmania
17-11-2003, 09:30 PM
install file management first, like handy file, seleq or others on your phone, then you can browse through your mmc and install application or game

RiisE
18-11-2003, 11:52 AM
i m using SelectQ, one of the best app just like "My Computer" function, let u open and edit the drive in ur phone. From there u open n instal .sis file.

cprafferty
18-11-2003, 03:40 PM
Try this:

First off, download the file manager program attached

and unzip it to the Images folder on your memory card using your card reader.

Put in your memory card and turn on your phone.

Go to the settings option in your phone (where you can change date/time / security / call / phone and other settings.

Select phone settings.

Select standby mode.

Select "right selction key" and change it to "new message".

Exit all menus.

Press the right softkey and select "E-mail"

Press the left softkey for options.

Select Insert > Image .

Select memory card, and then the images folder.

Select the file manger installation file (it wil show up as a broken rectangle with 3 colours - green, blue and purple).

Choose to insert it as an attachment.

Now press the left softkey for options, and select "attachments".

Highlight the file manager program and press the left softkey for options. Select open and the file will automatically launch.

asg
22-11-2003, 04:51 PM
Last few days I tried many suggestions but was not able to install fileexplorer from MMC to Nokia3650(version-3.13) . Thank you very much Cprafferty !! Your method worked smoothly and now it's possible to install other applications using Fexplorer.
Anil

Try this:

First off, download the file manager program attached

and unzip it to the Images folder on your memory card using your card reader.

Put in your memory card and turn on your phone.

Go to the settings option in your phone (where you can change date/time / security / call / phone and other settings.

Select phone settings.

Select standby mode.

Select "right selction key" and change it to "new message".

Exit all menus.

Press the right softkey and select "E-mail"

Press the left softkey for options.

Select Insert > Image .

Select memory card, and then the images folder.

Select the file manger installation file (it wil show up as a broken rectangle with 3 colours - green, blue and purple).

Choose to insert it as an attachment.

Now press the left softkey for options, and select "attachments".

Highlight the file manager program and press the left softkey for options. Select open and the file will automatically launch.