PDA

View Full Version : "sim card rejected"

neil4
24-01-2004, 12:52 AM
is there any software that could arrange that thing ?
[it caused because i played with the PUK code]

Yotamz
24-01-2004, 05:48 AM
"sim card rejected" is what you get when you type 10 wrong puk codes. there is no way to fix this, don't think it is even possible to read the sim with a sim reader device.

you shall get a new sim from your provider (probably for free).

Baralheia
25-02-2004, 05:33 AM
I have a similar problem - my 5190 says "SIM card not accepted". It will not read any SIM cards, yet the SIM that came out of it will work in other phones.

It started doing this because I was messing around with B-phreaks' Eeprom Tools v4.0.0.1... I hit the "repair eeprom" button, then the "set default SP locks" button.

I took the phone to a nearby T-Mobile store, and the guy said that all he can do, since he's not a technician, is sell me a new phone. =(

Is there any way to fix my 5190?

Yotamz
25-02-2004, 09:40 PM
seems like you managed to somehow lock the phone..

open nokia tool by rolis, click "SP" and then "FAID".

stanir
29-02-2004, 12:18 AM
"sim card rejected" is what you get when you type 10 wrong puk codes. there is no way to fix this, don't think it is even possible to read the sim with a sim reader device.

you shall get a new sim from your provider (probably for free).

If you have registered the sim with your service provider, they should be able to give you the code. They did for me.

Nokiacrazi
29-02-2004, 01:38 AM
If you have registered the sim with your service provider, they should be able to give you the code. They did for me.

@Stanir

They can give 'neil4' the code but he will be unable to enter it. This is because it doesn't give u the chance to enter a code anymore and it is totally locked and therefore the only thing the provider can do is send a new SIM, as Yotamz says in earlier post.
Nokiacrazi