PDA

View Full Version : Phone locked to 24201, did not accept other 24201 SIM!

GeeZuZz
22-03-2004, 09:12 PM
First: This is a technical qustion, not a "i need help unlock my phone" thread. The phones are already unlocked.

My family bought two 3510i's locked to 24201 (Telenor). We have sim-cards from an other operator using Telenor's network - 24201. This is usually no problems, but these 3510i's did not accept it!

Same happened with a 3210 today. Locked to Telenor, and a SIM-card from another operator using the Telenor network was rejected.

I thought that there might have been used an other lock than lock 1, but no! It unlocked using lock 1!

Have someone got an explaination for this? Why did the phone reject the sim-card?

Yotamz
23-03-2004, 12:17 AM
it looks similar to the last posts in this thread:

http://nokiafree.org/forums/t26823/s.html

the new network uses telenor's antennas, but it has a different network code.

GeeZuZz
23-03-2004, 01:54 AM
Hi,

No, i don't think its the same problem...

There is only two networks in Norway: 24201 (Telenor) and 24202 (Netcom). When doing a network search, those are the only networks we find.

My SIM is from an operator, who is using Telenor's network (the logo file i use on my 3650 is called 242_01.bmp). Previously, using this SIM in phones locked to Telenor (24201) was working fine.

But that was until now. I have heard that Telenor was from February 1st going to lock their phones so that their "sub-operators" (operators using their network) was also locked out.

That is ok, and I know that there's 4 locks (+combos). One for locking to Network, Operator, Country and SIM. I would think that they have noe started to use lock 2, to lock it to operator - not the network.

But that is the strange thing - it's still unlocked using lock 1!

Btw, all info I found about the locks on the internet, claims that lock number one is Operator/Provider. Thats must be wrong? Lock one is network right? (in example Rolis tools shows operator code in lock one).

Thanks for helping! ;)

Yotamz
23-03-2004, 02:44 PM
the first lock is country/provider. second lock is gid1.

the gid1 is like some kind of code on the sim, it can be whatever the operator wants it to be, 4 digits hex. it is possible that lock one will always be 24201, but the second lock will be different for the two operators (or sub-operators), and that will make the phone not accept the sim.

GeeZuZz
23-03-2004, 10:22 PM
That is exactly what I mean.

I thought they locked both 1 and 2 (=lock 5?). To network, and to operator).

But that is not what they have done! When i use the +1 code (only), the phone is fully unlocked! In other words, they only use lock 1!?