PDA

View Full Version : ### Polite, Important Notice To Moderators ###

unlokia
23-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Hey all you Nokia phreakz - this site is THE best Nokia forum out. I just wanted to make a quick point of something that I have noticed, as regards your online DCT3/4 calculator.

The combo-box in which the user selects the network to which the handset is locked, **DOES NOT** currently contain an option for 3G UK (234-20). I would think that due to the current release of the Nokia 7600 (Conran) handset @ "The Carphone Warehouse", that you would consider updating this already excellent free service, to enable support for this amazing handset.

Don't listen to anyone who tells you that this handset cannot be unlocked - it surely can. I just did TWO!! (asic 7).

Anyhow, I am extremely aware that you folks are far from stupid, and perhaps it is just a matter of the fact that you haven't updated your server scripts as yet, but I just thought that I would be blind if I didn't make this point to you all.

Thankyou again for such a wonderful site, without which I would not have HALF the capabilities/Nokia knowledge that you have provided me with.

Matt.

FU_Too
23-03-2004, 07:41 PM
Hey all you Nokia phreakz - this site is THE best Nokia forum out. I just wanted to make a quick point of something that I have noticed, as regards your online DCT3/4 calculator.

The combo-box in which the user selects the network to which the handset is locked, **DOES NOT** currently contain an option for 3G UK (234-20). I would think that due to the current release of the Nokia 7600 (Conran) handset @ "The Carphone Warehouse", that you would consider updating this already excellent free service, to enable support for this amazing handset.

Don't listen to anyone who tells you that this handset cannot be unlocked - it surely can. I just did TWO!! (asic 7).

Anyhow, I am extremely aware that you folks are far from stupid, and perhaps it is just a matter of the fact that you haven't updated your server scripts as yet, but I just thought that I would be blind if I didn't make this point to you all.

Thankyou again for such a wonderful site, without which I would not have HALF the capabilities/Nokia knowledge that you have provided me with.

Matt.
As you are aware this site is a really helpful site, that is why you will find lots of threads linking wouldbe 7600 etc unlockers to the unique dct4 calc suggesting that people download it then they can unlock their mates phones for free. only have to look :smile:

unlokia
23-03-2004, 09:17 PM
As you are aware this site is a really helpful site, that is why you will find lots of threads linking wouldbe 7600 etc unlockers to the unique dct4 calc suggesting that people download it then they can unlock their mates phones for free. only have to look :smile:

Yes I have used their software since it was first released on the net for free. Their "ultimate" calc is the best thing sinced uncut bread and teflon frying pans. This is very true, but I was just making the point that it would be good if the job ("The job" being the dct3/4 calc that is on this site) was enhanced, to enable people to use the calc that is here. Sure, people can go elsewhere, but why leave a job half-done??!. I know that I for one, as a seasoned unlocker, know EXACTLY where to go for the information and unlock codes, but to the layman, it isn't always such an easy ride on the internet - why look further when people are on this site already, and the capabilities are so very obviously here!!.

It just seems like the calc is 99% complete, and to omit 3G as a service provider is just plain sillyness!!. Everyone knows they exist (well, most people ;-) ) and I am sure that quite a few people will be tempted to purchase the lovely 7600 handset soon, if they have no done so already.

If they then get the recommendation to come to this site (trust me, I send LOADZA peepz here!!), and find the calc serves every uk network EXCEPT 3G, then I am sure that this opinion is going to be reflected again and again by other visitors.

Perhaps you have mistaken my (very valid) point as a criticism - well maybe in a good way - constructive - but hey, my fingers are getting sore now typing all this, so I am going to leave it to your discretion.

In the meantime for those of you who *dont* know, the SP code for 3G Uk is "23420".

Good luck to all and sundry!!!

Best regards, Matt (Unlokia)

FU_Too
23-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Yes I have used their software since it was first released on the net for free. Their "ultimate" calc is the best thing sinced uncut bread and teflon frying pans. This is very true, but I was just making the point that it would be good if the job ("The job" being the dct3/4 calc that is on this site) was enhanced, to enable people to use the calc that is here. Sure, people can go elsewhere, but why leave a job half-done??!. I know that I for one, as a seasoned unlocker, know EXACTLY where to go for the information and unlock codes, but to the layman, it isn't always such an easy ride on the internet - why look further when people are on this site already, and the capabilities are so very obviously here!!.

It just seems like the calc is 99% complete, and to omit 3G as a service provider is just plain sillyness!!. Everyone knows they exist (well, most people ;-) ) and I am sure that quite a few people will be tempted to purchase the lovely 7600 handset soon, if they have no done so already.

If they then get the recommendation to come to this site (trust me, I send LOADZA peepz here!!), and find the calc serves every uk network EXCEPT 3G, then I am sure that this opinion is going to be reflected again and again by other visitors.

Perhaps you have mistaken my (very valid) point as a criticism - well maybe in a good way - constructive - but hey, my fingers are getting sore now typing all this, so I am going to leave it to your discretion.

In the meantime for those of you who *dont* know, the SP code for 3G Uk is "23420".

Good luck to all and sundry!!!

Best regards, Matt (Unlokia)Just to clarify what I said, I wasnt suggesting that people go elsewhere looking for the unlocking calc, It is in this forum for downloading and also I wasnt referring to the ultimate calc by uniquesw but the Unique dct4 calc which is equipped with the G3 united kingdom code. After all this forum is here to help and help learn and hands on is the best way to learn instead of "can you do this for me" or "send me that" etc etc. I'm just making a point that this site has enabled almost anyone to be able to unlock with the least effort and as the online calc is also by unique just thought it better Idea to encourage ppl to use brains a little thats all :rolleyes: ;)

unlokia
23-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Just to clarify what I said, I wasnt suggesting that people go elsewhere looking for the unlocking calc, It is in this forum for downloading and also I wasnt referring to the ultimate calc by uniquesw but the Unique dct4 calc which is equipped with the G3 united kingdom code. After all this forum is here to help and help learn and hands on is the best way to learn instead of "can you do this for me" or "send me that" etc etc. I'm just making a point that this site has enabled almost anyone to be able to unlock with the least effort and as the online calc is also by unique just thought it better Idea to encourage ppl to use brains a little thats all :rolleyes: ;)

Fair enough my friend, but it is just such a silly, and easily-fixed ommision to the software, that is quite frankly a laughable error.

I can see your point totally, but it would probably take a tech about 2 mins to amend this.

I will leave you all in peace now, as I am off to fiddle and fart about with my new 7600 :-) :-P

FU_Too
23-03-2004, 10:07 PM
Fair enough my friend, but it is just such a silly, and easily-fixed ommision to the software, that is quite frankly a laughable error.

I can see your point totally, but it would probably take a tech about 2 mins to amend this.

I will leave you all in peace now, as I am off to fiddle and fart about with my new 7600 :-) :-P I agree, I always direct to download calcs because there have been occassions when online calc also missed out one digit in unlock code as well as being limited on models but considering no one else offers as much as this site its a small price to pay, after all if we were all perfect we wouldnt be here anyway.
I got the big bulky nec on 3 last year and cant wait for contract to end in june, but e2save are doing same as carphonewarehouse but only half rental for first 3 month so I might have 2 contracts running just to get the phone (already unlocked one with uniques calc) I cant wait to play either. :lol:

GeeZuZz
23-03-2004, 10:25 PM
I'll bring the message to the responsible. :)

FU_Too
23-03-2004, 10:58 PM

Matt.this site has better deal for uk residents free 7600, and half price rental for first 3 months 500 cross network minutes per month incl. for £25 a month after 1st 3 months which actually works out cheaper than buying the phone sim free (in some shops) :-o
http://www.e2save.com/?money4me248800