PDA

View Full Version : 6200 unlock Europe

nokia5118
24-03-2004, 09:57 AM
I unlocked my 6200 displaying "restriction eliminated". I put a vodafone SIM in europe and it worked for 2 hours, and then no signal. I swaped the card with locals and it worked "full bars". I tried the +7 unlock and got "no restriction". I will be returning to Europe shortly... Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance ...

Protocol
24-03-2004, 05:25 PM
I unlocked my 6200 displaying "restriction eliminated". I put a vodafone SIM in europe and it worked for 2 hours, and then no signal. I swaped the card with locals and it worked "full bars". I tried the +7 unlock and got "no restriction". I will be returning to Europe shortly... Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance ...

If the phone worked at all with anther sim, it was already unlocked; no need to enter more codes.

I have a 6200 and have noted problems w / sim registration. You might try re-booting the phone if you haven't already. Also, if you were traveling into countries that use only the GSM 900, the 6200 will not work.

Here is a handy site that will tell you about the networks in any particular country. You can determine the frequencies used, as well as coverage before you buy a sim. Very helpful indeed:

http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/index.shtml

You might also try going to Settings, phone settings, then to system selection. Try changing it to "Manual" and see if you can get anything at all. when it is done seaching, it will at least tell you if it sees anything at all, regardless of whether you can access.