PDA

View Full Version : GX10i flash help

wai3000
20-04-2004, 01:02 PM
Hello, searched the forum and i cannot find a tutorial for flashing the GX10i. not GX10 to GX10i. i want GX10i to GX10i. reason being i cannot remember my handset code.
maybe there is a program just to reset the handset code?

thanks in advance

danmax
21-04-2004, 01:53 AM
The Gx10 flashing Tutorial is on the forums which you can download, if you can't find it pm me with your email address and i'll send it to you.
I used it to flash Gx20 and it was spot on I assume it is the same method for the Gx10i
Good luck

wai3000
21-04-2004, 10:57 AM
ok thanks! i will try that

Crux
21-04-2004, 11:47 AM
yes. same method for all sharp. use unisoft to flash

JAC
21-04-2004, 05:49 PM
The tutorial I wrote was really a blanket for all GX series phones. Aside from small differences in the bootcode, this tutorial will be the same regardless of model.

I have flashed over 35 GX phones using my method and each time is a success.The main thing to remember is to be patient and keep an eye on the phone and PC screens. For 100% safe flashing I use a UPS -(uninterruptable power supply) to ensure the first to last step is carried out.
For the time you are flashing, disable all screensavers, antivirus etc as this can slow or even crash your PC midway through!

This modification will be included in v1.1

Regards

JAC

wai3000
21-04-2004, 08:43 PM
The tutorial I wrote was really a blanket for all GX series phones. Aside from small differences in the bootcode, this tutorial will be the same regardless of model.

I have flashed over 35 GX phones using my method and each time is a success.The main thing to remember is to be patient and keep an eye on the phone and PC screens. For 100% safe flashing I use a UPS -(uninterruptable power supply) to ensure the first to last step is carried out.
For the time you are flashing, disable all screensavers, antivirus etc as this can slow or even crash your PC midway through!

This modification will be included in v1.1

Regards

JAC

could you give me a link to your tutorial?
thanks

is flashing a GX10i dangerious then? can it go seriously wrong?

JAC
22-04-2004, 12:26 AM
This is a link: http://nokiafree.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11943

JAC
22-04-2004, 12:49 AM
Flashing is dangerous regardless of model phone.
The basic danger from flashing is in order for you to flash a phone, it first has to delete the current flash.Only after then do people panic and disconnect the phone, which means the phone is useless. Some people have removed the leads or battery which is the worst thing you can do, as your phone will not boot or start properly.

Thats what stirred me into writing a tutorial, to try and help or disperse any fears that anyone may have.

For any flashing, consult either a tutorial or a good forum to seek advice.

Flashing is not like unlocking!
Unlocking only rewrites a small portion of data, whereas flashing replaces the whole lot!!

ABC_level
22-04-2004, 09:08 AM
DEAR JAC
I'M IN CHINA .I WANT GX10 TO GX10I .BUT I CAN'T OPEN YOUR WEB .COULD YOU SEND ME A PIECE OF FLASH PROGRAM AND LATEST MOT?
THANKS IN ADVANCE !!! [email protected] or [email protected] IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS. :-)

wai3000
22-04-2004, 12:06 PM
JAC,
step one on your tutorial it says to choose GX10-13-1 should i choose GX10i if i was to flash a gx10i?

also i cannot find a place to download the flasher software "GX10-13-1" i tryed on the website specified but could not find it. could you tell me another place to download it
thanks

wai3000
01-05-2004, 01:26 PM
JAC,
step one on your tutorial it says to choose GX10-13-1 should i choose GX10i if i was to flash a gx10i?

also i cannot find a place to download the flasher software "GX10-13-1" i tryed on the website specified but could not find it. could you tell me another place to download it
thanks

i also need to know does the battery on the phone have to be fully charged for the mobile to flash?
i have tryed to flash my phone and the red light always turns it self off after about 2 minutes
please help

JAC
16-05-2004, 10:21 PM
i also need to know does the battery on the phone have to be fully charged for the mobile to flash?
i have tryed to flash my phone and the red light always turns it self off after about 2 minutes
please help

Please note, for all flashing batteries have to be fully charged. You will be utilising a lot of the power from the battery. The phone will be erasing and restoring data which does use a hell of a lot of battery power.

This is covered in many forums regardless of phone type. Its similar to formatting a hard drive only to suffer power cut half way through, which will render the equipment useless but not totally dead!

Regards

JAC

Harris2005
08-01-2005, 11:33 AM
JAK

Please could you either give me a URL to download the flash file (GX10-13-1), or post it to my email address below. My phone is fully charged, I have the 7.1 meg file (A02-004-0096.mot), but nothing to put it on with, can you help in any way, because "Google" just pointed me back to these forums, and all the other Flash Software i found, just aint up to the task.

Yours Frustratingly

Matt :???:

[email protected]