PDA

View Full Version : 5510 mp3 upload

ggho5t_200sx
16-09-2002, 01:17 PM
I have recently bought a 5510 and installed the program on the disc that comes with the phone to upload audio to the phone. I connected the usb cable up and followed the instructions to put the audio onto the phone. When I got to the part where you "Copy to devices" it trys to load the 5510 but comes up with a message saying something like "Cannot load a digital music reciever. If this is used by USB check that correct device reciever is selected. Also disconnect the USB cable and restart the phone" (this isnt exactly what it says its just what I can remember) Has anyone had this problem before or know what it could be that not reading the phone? Ive tried re-installing, changing the USB port, disconnecting USB cable and restarting phone, changing options and still have had no luck. I am able to record from an import device (cd player, radio) but unable to transfer audio onto the phone.

liteFun
19-09-2002, 02:29 PM
have you tried other computer?

installation note says that first install program, after that connect phone.
i don't believe that connecting first phone and then installing would cause problems.

i haven't had this kind of problems, my 5510 works perfectly, sometimes nam freezes..

Liam
20-09-2002, 03:18 PM
this is because you plugged in your 5510 BEFORE installing the software on the cd

un-install the software
plug in the 5510
remove it from the devices list in system properites in control panel
install the software from the cd
reset
run the install from the cd again
plug in the 5510

you run it again because the first install will install the drivers that windows needs to properly connect to the phone. then reset and install again and it should install the software properly and you can now connect.

microcris
22-09-2002, 08:35 PM
if you are using winxp

Install N A M
Reboot computer
Attach Nokia 5510 via USB
Wait till drivers install
Reboot computer
Attach Nokia 5510 via USB
Goto My Computer - Control Panel - System
Goto Hardware tab and click Device Manager
Browse to Universal Serial Bus Controllers
Right mouse click on the USB Mass Storage Device
Select Update Driver...
Hardware Update Wizard will open
Select Install from a list or... and click Next
Select Don't search. I will... and click Next
Select Nokia 5510 from the list and click Next
Now Windows will warn you that the driver you selected hasn't passed Windows Logo testing...
Click Continue Anyway
Driver installs... Click Finish
Another Found New Hardware Wizard opens
Select Install from a list... and click Next
Select Don't search. I will... and click next
Select Internet Audio Device Interface from the list and click Next
Driver installs... Click Finish