PDA

View Full Version : Need assitance on Sony Ericsson T610

ceekaybabe
19-07-2004, 09:25 PM
I recently purchased a Sony Ericsson T610 but found out that it is network blocked. :sad: Can someone please teach me how to unlock my phone? Or does anyone know of a site that calculates the unlock codes for free?

thanks in advance! :)

lonegunman
20-07-2004, 01:53 AM
If the phone is blocked you will need to change the IMEI, which here in the UK is a BIG no no and can land you in a lot of S**T or jail time not good, if the phone is sim locked then you can buy a unlocking kit which cost's no more than £20 or pay someone to do it for you.

Also I can see that you are new here but please use the seach button, it can save you a lot of time.

Enjoy you stay. :)

ceekaybabe
20-07-2004, 05:00 PM
If the phone is blocked you will need to change the IMEI, which here in the UK is a BIG no no and can land you in a lot of S**T or jail time not good, if the phone is sim locked then you can buy a unlocking kit which cost's no more than £20 or pay someone to do it for you.

Also I can see that you are new here but please use the seach button, it can save you a lot of time.

Enjoy you stay. :)

I believe it is simblocked. Anyway, thank you for the advice. :)

nk_au
08-08-2004, 09:05 AM
Just wondering ... but how can one find out if the IMEI on the phone is changed?

Is it possible for the Service Provider to find out without seeing or touching the T610?

As long as you don't sell it, you shouldn't land in any trouble ... right? :-?

THE INSAAN
11-08-2004, 11:01 PM
sim reader software on phones i think, they can tell what imei number is being used on a phone, like for eg, orange will know what sim card is being used in what phone, coz every phone has a unique imei number, when this number is changed then they know that the phone has either been imported or the IMEI has been changed, sometimes if they suspect that the IMEI has been changed they will try to bar the "new" imei as well

dude1
09-09-2004, 01:29 PM
never heard that one before if you are correct then just putting you'r sim in a different phone would trigger their system and result in that phone being blacklisted,
well that's crap. when you make a call the imei is sent to the networks computers if it is detected to be on the blacklist then the call is cancelled. apart from that the networks have no way of telling which phone the sim is in because if they did like i said just putting the sim in a new phone would result in blacklisting,
i change my phone every month or so and have never had any problems.

Salami1_1
09-09-2004, 01:37 PM
dude1 is correct..

of course they can just shut down your sim :) (Block)
has nothing to do with phone