PDA

View Full Version : Remove Simlock - SL55 + Ordinary data cable - Possible?

Sapo
04-08-2004, 11:52 PM
I´m wondering, is it possible to remove the simlock of a Siemens SL55 phone using the ordinary official Siemens Data cable? or do I need a Clip/Unlock box? (extremely hard to find and expensive where I am from - Brazil :(

I found instructions on the following site to remove the simlock of the S55:´
http://www.gsm-support.net/shop/page.php/siemens_s55_simlock_unlock.inc/_87/_en

Followed them up and on the status box of freia 18 showed this up:

COMM_LoadBoots : selected phone family is 9
TTY_OpenCOMPort : opening COM1
COMM_IsBootRunning : bootcode does not seem to be running
COMM_LoadBoots : Waiting to power on the phone ...
COMM_LoadBoots : phone is not powered on

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks
Regards from Brazil

sergo_zmeia
05-08-2004, 09:49 AM
Well lets start...
First U need chineese cable....
Second ..go here:www.nokiafree.org/downloads
get Freia9..open it choose SL 55 in drop down menu..then in configuration choose bootcore bug..connect phone to PC...klick on unlock..choose direct unlock no map saved..press shortly power on when software prompt for this..
Good luck!
Sergo_Zmeia

Sapo
05-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Thank you for your answer,
after searching a lot around I discovered you also have to touch the power button rapidly. (I also noticed that Siemens itself is a forum with 33 pages, so I will search on that as well, I think I'm getting blind with age :-)

But you were very helpful, although I'm not sure how will I find a chinese cable, is there a more technical term I can use when searching around?
As I think not many people will know what I am talking about when I go around town searching for a "chinese cable for siemens". My boss has a Siemens data cable he has bought in Brazil, so it's possible it's not the original datacable, could I break the phone trying with it?
I can take some pictures of the conectors if you think you can distinguish.

Edit: After searching a bit more the forum I found the following post:
http://nokiafree.org/forums/t62888/h&highlight=original+data+cable/s.html
So I ask, is it possible to do it with the original data cable with a fully charged battery?

As what I understand is that the original cable lacks the power supply. And the following replies were not too clear...
like:

VAB1981:
Try to do it with Original cable, or try to learn English first

Thank you once again

sergo_zmeia
07-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Check here for chineese cable:www.ucables.com
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

Sapo
09-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Thanks, you've been of greate help indeed, I will look for the C55-COM cable locally, as it's quite pricy to my currency on the website,
regards, best of luck.
(I hope the technical name is used world wide :) )