PDA

View Full Version : SysIconsXpTheme for N-Gage!

jANjALANi
30-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Try my System Icons Xp Theme for N-Gage!

doctor zee
30-09-2004, 02:19 PM
nice1 m8 the mp3 icon im getting system error when i open it is this because im using a qd when that icon is for the internall mp3 player on the old ngage?its no probs i still hav my mp3 player icon anyway

TWolf
01-10-2004, 08:55 AM
maaan...why make a pack to come with the app enbebbed?
the app was made to accept icon packs, it even explains how to do them...
thats taking the credits for all the work MikePT had...

its a freeware app why crack it like that?
you made me loose interest in making more icon packs....

tzeonn
01-10-2004, 11:26 AM
wat exactly was that file? i din find any new iconz :-?

tzeonn
01-10-2004, 11:35 AM
crap, now i cant remove it, watever it is.

i removed the attachment.

WATCH IT! :-x

TWolf
01-10-2004, 12:09 PM
the files were hidden, but they were there...
im sure its a good iconpack but it goes against the sysiconz program...
:(

can you please post it by the sysicon rules?
so it can be use WITH sysiconz manager?

also, a screenshot would be nice...
;)

jANjALANi
02-10-2004, 01:28 AM
Hey Twolf! it's not mike's program! and i didnt cracked it! I MADE IT! its from the instructions of pou_pee and its totally different from yours!

Pou_pee Wrote
Here's a guide to change the default icons ('ve read it from somewhere else & so i wud like to share with all of you)

1. copy the default .app that you like to change from Z: to E:, this makes E:\system\apps\xxx\xxx.app

2. use program SeleQ to change the properties of .app and set all attribute to "off" except hidden which should be "on" (or you can set all to "off", except system to "on", either one will do) *this part is real importance*

3. with the help of s60Iconwizard program, it will generate .aif file. Just put the file in E:\system\apps\xxx\xxx.aif

4. That's it. You may need to refresh the screen in order to get the new icon by switching to "List view" and back to "Grid view" again.

This work 100% since I've tested it myself

http://nokiafree.org/forums/t65810/h/s.html

and tzeonn maybe you didn't know how to install it.... the SIS file is the uninstaller, the filename says "SysIconsXpThemeNgagejANjALANiUninstaller.SIS" Uninstaller w/c means it is use for uninstalling! and of course the exe is the installer! Its as simple as that!...

tzeonn
02-10-2004, 03:35 AM
and tzeonn maybe you didn't know how to install it.... the SIS file is the uninstaller, the filename says "SysIconsXpThemeNgagejANjALANiUninstaller.SIS" Uninstaller w/c means it is use for uninstalling! and of course the exe is the installer! Its as simple as that!...

really?

ops, sorry :-(

jANjALANi
02-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Reminder its for N-Gage Only! Here's a screenshot http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/C_O_F/SysIconXpNGage.jpg so sad they remove the file! :(

TWolf
02-10-2004, 08:30 PM
really? you made it and made no info whatsoever in the file? thats wierd, man.

how did you overpassed the realone, aplications and recorder bug problem? did yoiu double them too?

sorry if you really made it, im just not much of a believer in anonimous programmers with no info in the program they made.
:/

MegaShark
03-10-2004, 08:13 PM
so... where's the app 4 we 2 download it?!

TWolf
04-10-2004, 09:09 AM
nevermind, it was like sysiconz but with no manager and for ngage only, i still think the program was the same, but ok...

anyways, how many xp iconpacks are already out there? camooon everyone, make new icons, its much better.
:/

tzeonn
04-10-2004, 11:16 AM
so... where's the app 4 we 2 download it?!

my bad, i deleted them :(

Dj Danny
04-10-2004, 05:46 PM
man those icons r sooo much better thn the sysicons 1's can u re post thm plzzz or sum1 make em for the sysicons 1.0.0.0

MegaShark
04-10-2004, 07:40 PM
yep... can't u just undelete it, tzeonn? =)

or repost it, janjalani?

they look awesome :P twolf's just acting jealous!

Dj Danny
05-10-2004, 11:58 AM
he he twolf needs to create a mega buzzin bunch of icons now :lol:

TWolf
06-10-2004, 02:00 AM
lol, im not jealous, those are xp icons...

the only thing i didnt like was him using the program from sysiconz (wich isnt mine btw, its Mike's program) and use them as theyr own.
;)

and im threatend by icons, there a lot better icon themes out there way better than mine, its not competition.
:)

MegaShark, could you please stop emailing me? i'm already compromised!

also, i did made a new sysiconz pack with a 7 color choice, but its just not here yet...could it be because of guys like you?

jANjALANi
06-10-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by Twolf
maaan...why make a pack to come with the app enbebbed?
the app was made to accept icon packs, it even explains how to do them...
thats taking the credits for all the work MikePT had...

twolf please check your facts before sniping away. for the record, the installer i created IS IN NO WAY RELATED TO MikePT's work. I have not come across MikePT's work nor do i know of any sysicons application. the method i used to install the icons is so simple, you really don't need to code anything or create a program to install such...please, it really is simple. it's so simple, that to create an nfo file for such a simple method would be juvenile.

its a freeware app why crack it like that?
you made me loose interest in making more icon packs....
when you refer to the term 'crack' it is strictly used to denote a method to compromise security, to bypass passwords and that sort of thing. my question. does sysicons have a security/password implementation? if it does not (i am assuming it does not since you said it was freeware), the accusation that it was 'cracked' is stupid since there is no security to crack anyway...

the only thing i didnt like was him using the program from sysiconz (wich isnt mine btw, its Mike's program) and use them as theyr own.
;)

I understand your concern regarding plagiarism....i assure you, this is a 100% original implemention. My own work, my own sweat. I'd like to thank Pou_pee for writing a guide for installing the icons....i learned a lot from him/her.

btw if you still doubt me you may pm me. i'd be glad to explain how i did this installer. (easy as pie). oh, and yeah, you may pm me about the workaround regarding your realone, applications, recorder icon problem.(no doubling anymore!)

peace! ;)

TWolf
06-10-2004, 10:22 AM
ok, first of all, i apolagise to all if i was too rude, it was written in a better way than it came out, thats the problem with offline conversations, they always sound diferent from the words spoken.

jANjALANi, i wasnt sniping away, i asked you how you made the bug-pass and you didnt answer, so i concluded you did copy the ones from mike.

I used the term CRACK as in MODDING an aplication, i did not made the app miself, as i already explained, it was Mike's work, and i have nothing to do with the programming since i cant even write "hello world" applications, im not a programmer.

I was pissed, yes, when i assumed you just grabbed the work from mike and did a changed version yourself (there are alredy 2 versions out there like that), when that would be foolish because it is a freeware app, why "crack" it like that? well, some ppl already did, and its frustating to see mike working on that, give it away and be stolen after some weeks.
im sure you can understand that.

also, whem mike did the program he also made a tutorial on how to make more icons so everyone could make them...so why did you copy a program that was already out there?

one think i'd like to ask, if its that simple not to double those 3 icons, can you explain how you did it so that mike can improve his program? that would help everyone.
;)

peace indeed, again, im sorry if i was rude in the last post, i had a BAD holyday (it was holyday here in PT) and that megasharks keeps annoying me.

hugs

MikePT
06-10-2004, 12:35 PM
This solution is really really great!

I had tried almost everything to make the Z: applications work in E: but not this one :roll: oh boy, i did the "shortcut" programs for nothing :lol: the solution was sooo simple. :-P

But there is a catch...

AIF stands for Application Information File

Which means the AIF is not only a Icon, it has the information (mime types/file recognizers) that associates files with specific applications.

So when you create an AIF with S60Icon_Wizard that AIF only has the icon, not the file association info.

If for example you create an AIF for MidpUi (Applications) you loose the ability of open jar files

The same happens for Realplayer, you loose the ability for open .3gp files an .rm files

TWolf
06-10-2004, 12:47 PM
so, you CAN change the icons for those 3, but you cant really use them afterwords...nice.

if the realone doesnt open the .3gp then you cant receive mms's.

TWolf
06-10-2004, 01:12 PM
also, appearantly changing the AIF in those files doesnt work in all firmwares.

mike and i did some tests and changing the aif works in his n-gage, but not on mine..

i have firmware:
v 4.03
26-11-2003
nem-4

jANjALANi
06-10-2004, 02:10 PM
MikePT wrote
But there is a catch...

AIF stands for Application Information File

Which means the AIF is not only a Icon, it has the information (mime types/file recognizers) that associates files with specific applications.

So when you create an AIF with S60Icon_Wizard that AIF only has the icon, not the file association info.

If for example you create an AIF for MidpUi (Applications) you loose the ability of open jar files

The same happens for Realplayer, you loose the ability for open .3gp files an .rm files

Yes I've noticed that problem, i have a remedy for that and but have to do it manually. coz im still finding the right Registry or Ini or whatever File recognizers for that!

Here's the solution. Have you tried using fileman? it has an Option "Open with..." (Options->Operations->Open with...) You can be able to assign what applications are you going to use in opening certain file. example: ".jar" file it will not be recognize anymore if you changed the MidpUi aif. but when you use the "Open with" options you can assign the right application to use. the problem will be solved. Sorry guys but i have to go home. its already 9:15 pm and still im in the office. lets continue tomorow!

MikePT
06-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Here's the solution. Have you tried using fileman? it has an Option Open with... (Options->Operations->Open with...) You can be able to assign what applications are you going to use in opening certain file. example: ".jar" file it will not be recognize anymore if you changed the MidpUi aif. but when you use the the "Open with" options you can assign the right application to use. the problem will be solved. Sorry guys but i have to go home. its already 9:15 pm and still in the office. lets continue tomorow!

The association you do in fileman only works for Fileman, if you receive a jar via a message you still can't open it, the same happens in any other applications.

Anyway i have the solution, it's called AIFBuilder, it builds AIF files with icon and mime type associations but it's not user friendly at all like S60IconWizard.

MegaShark
06-10-2004, 10:47 PM
i'm glad 2 see u guys working together on a better solution while TWolf keeps his big nose away instead of trying to limit other people's creativity...

btw janjalani... still can't see the file link... :(

TWolf
07-10-2004, 01:26 AM
Megashark, that's not a nose...hehehe

jANjALANi
07-10-2004, 02:22 AM
MikePT, i haven't tried Aifbuilder, i'll find one and give a try. the fileman solution works perfectly in my phone. but the downside of it is "you have to do in manually"(Mano-mano) thats why maybe Aifbuilder is the best solution. :) Have you already solved the problem using the Aifbuilder? I hope so! coz i'm working on a different project now. FontChanger! in the future maybe we can combine SysIconzW/FontChanger. ;) Thanks for the infos!

Pou_pee
07-10-2004, 06:28 AM
:-o It's a nice set of icons you made there, jANjALANi :-o

TWolf
07-10-2004, 09:20 AM
wow....very powerfull.
image a "theme" to s60 n-gage/3650 that can change all this at once:
icons, wallpaper, op logo, font and color (pallete).
:D

one thing, carefull with fonts, my ngage got screwwed up because i tryed a epoc grd font in it, it never came back up again.

i've got a few ideias for fonts and made a few myself, but there are so many better fonts out there that its much easier just to pick one, the one i found most looking like ngage is "space age":
http://img.fontfinder.ws/closeups/22895.big.png

if you need help remaking a font count me in.
;)

MikePT
07-10-2004, 02:55 PM
MikePT, i haven't tried Aifbuilder, i'll find one and give a try. the fileman solution works perfectly in my phone. but the downside of it is "you have to do in manually"(Mano-mano) thats why maybe Aifbuilder is the best solution. :) Have you already solved the problem using the Aifbuilder? I hope so! coz i'm working on a different project now. FontChanger! in the future maybe we can combine SysIconzW/FontChanger. ;) Thanks for the infos!

AIFBuilder comes with the Nokia SDK, and yes, i've tried it and it works, but it's not user friendly, it's made for programmers.

Fileman is not a good solution then.

I am trying to change folder icons now but no luck so far...

TWolf
07-10-2004, 03:36 PM
well...there is a way..hehehe

is *someone* made a program for windows to change the icons... hehehehe
those aifs could have that info embebbed.
;)

GeeZuZz
07-10-2004, 11:54 PM
TWolf: Your message was deleted, as it was completely off topic.

This is a final warning: Any more off-topic/fighting/whining/etc, will lead to ban. Discuss SysIconsXpTheme for N-Gage!.

TWolf and MegaShark - if you are going to fight more, do it over e-mail or MSN/IM etc.

TWolf
08-10-2004, 09:37 AM
sorry, GeeZuZz...i was pissed.
wont happend again.

bluish
07-06-2005, 01:17 AM
thank u very much

mikrobe83
17-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Try my System Icons Xp Theme for N-Gage!
nice items