PDA

View Full Version : VP20 and SIM_SCAN

Serdem
06-10-2002, 06:20 PM
I am using VP20 programmer but i couldn't find KI or IMSI with SIM_SCAN.

I am getting "Fatal Error: Card don't send Answer To Reset !" error.

What is the problem ? and are there any user manual for VP20?

Best Regards.

zortos
06-10-2002, 06:47 PM
if your red light is not shining then its a port problem. You must config your settings due to crystal freq. , baud, etc.

If you have vp20 schematic then can i have it or a site that have vp20 schematic?

Serdem
06-10-2002, 07:52 PM
There are 4 led on the programmer. 2 Red and 2 Green. One red led is shinig when power on the programmer, other red led shinig when mode swicth set to down posititon and one green led shining when the mode switch set to up posititon. Last green led somtimes flashing or somtimes full shining when read from card or write to card.

Mode switch has two position. One ise Phoneix ( i guess green led) and other is ludipipo (red led).

I guess there is no port problem because if i press the write or read button on the any software the green led shinig and program saying read or write complate but it's not true when i check the card it's almost empty and not programmed.

When i use windows programs Read/Write led always flashing brigth but when i use dos program such as SIM_SCAN this led low flashing.

May be my AMD system is problem. I heard something about AMD system's port problems.

I sent VP20 PCB and schematic with new thread. Please check it out. Schematic created by me and may be it has some mistake. If you find any mistake please let me know.

Best Regards.

megordon2002
06-10-2002, 11:41 PM
Hi,

I had the same problem.
Use Dexdebug that you can find on Dejan's site.

Regards, MG.

Serdem
10-10-2002, 07:53 PM
Finally i did it.

Reading Ki and IMSI ok. I used pure dos and dexdebug for it.

I used full screen Win98 MS-DOS prompt but it didn't work after reboot the win98 and started it with "safe mode command prompt only" it was ok.

it took 11-12 hours on Athlon XP 1800+. :(

Best Regard.

megordon2002
10-10-2002, 09:14 PM
Hi,

11, 12 hours, using the option 1 i've got it within 80 minuts.
Some say that this option is not safe..... surely right, you have to be careful with the number of cyphers, but apparentely the numbers described by Dejan are right and therefore quite safe to use.

MG.

Serdem
11-10-2002, 08:54 AM
I used F3 option and it took 11-12 hours as i said but this time is not only reading sim card. In 6 or 7 hours it finished reading sim card and on the other time sim_scan counted last 4th bytes of each 4 group of Ki from 00 to FF.

For example;

This is the Ki line after reading sim card:

Ki = XX XX XX YY XX XX XX YY XX XX XX YY XX XX XX YY

After this codes found sim_scan stopped to read sim card because there was no read/write led activity on VP20 programmer.

The XX section of Ki marked white and YY sections of Ki marked red and these YY sections started counting from 00 to FF for each other.

Best Regards.