PDA

View Full Version : screen_saver.nrx

JUNT
23-12-2004, 04:26 AM
please help how to use screen_saver.nrx? the animation file needed is it a .gif file

spaceimpact33
23-12-2004, 05:36 AM
@JUNT

Screen_saver.nrx is not fully complete yet (that’s why it has not been put in the latest scripts release:P ) but if u want to use it:

In the 'NokiX\scripts\screen_saver' directory there is a folder called 'skins'.
In skins there are subdirectorys for the skins you can add.

To add a skin simply add "Screen_saver.nrx" to your nokix project and use for example
"C:\NokiX\scripts\screen_saver\skins\weed\weed_skin.txt" as the parameter of the script

If you wish to add another skin simply repeat the process above with the different skin file.

Nokix will then add both the skins then install the screen saver near the end of the scripts execution.

For more info read the info on screen_saver.nrx by pressing the 'i' button in Nokix

I hope this makes sence
Spaceimpact33

JUNT
23-12-2004, 06:05 AM
thank you very much, but how to make a menu out of it

spaceimpact33
23-12-2004, 10:02 AM
The script will produce a 5e0 ID and you only need to make a menu to call that as the script will generate its own configuration menus and such ;-)

Regards

compuboy
02-01-2005, 07:04 AM
Has anyone got this script working.
I tried this script and it worked for the first time only. Now the screensavers are added and the last added screen saver is active but no menu.

I had made this entry in the menu_full.txt

#Animated Screen Saver
@item title=text/screen_saver/title action=0x52 def=screen_saver

the menu is also not shown in the dump_menu

Regards

JUNT
03-01-2005, 01:35 AM
the same problem encountered no own configuration menu shown,

but it show only if selected but the timeout i expected doesnt.

PLEASE HELP TO WORK IT PROPERLY. THANKS

JUNT
14-01-2005, 04:11 AM
Has anyone got this script working.
I tried this script and it worked for the first time only. Now the screensavers are added and the last added screen saver is active but no menu.

I had made this entry in the menu_full.txt

#Animated Screen Saver
@item title=text/screen_saver/title action=0x52 def=screen_saver

the menu is also not shown in the dump_menu

Regards

i ask dvirus about this problem and replied to use the ff format nothing else.
its 100% working

#Animated Screen Saver
@item def=screen_saver

compuboy
21-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Does Using Animations affect the battery standby time ?

Regards

JUNT
25-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Does Using Animations affect the battery standby time ?

Regards

Yes, but minimal only.

Lets wait for Yaks update to put a limited time to play to save the battery standby time.

NokDoc
25-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Mr. Compuboy,

No, and ifso, it's quite unnoticed.

Activate netmonitor, goto page 23 and study the battery consumption.
(3th row, right side)

I suggest that's in mAh, dono sure.

U'll notice there's 2 main consumers, the lights and the gsm connection like when phoning.

All others are quite marginal, though I admit I seen mods with unneeded constant loops or scans.

They not eat many extra power, though will significant slow the whole processing down.

But that's more a point for the developers who made these patches.

NokDoc

yak
26-01-2005, 09:39 PM
My screen savers system doesn't use any unneeded loops. It is highly NokiaOS compatible and uses timers to measure delays between frames. So, if animation is slower then less additional code will be executed.

@ JUNT
The animation stop function won't be added (at least for now). Nobody seem to report that screen savers affect standby time and they usually say that they wouldn't use that function anyway couse they are not puting animated screen savers to phone to watch them standing still.

JUNT
07-02-2005, 09:32 AM
@ JUNT
The animation stop function won't be added (at least for now). Nobody seem to report that screen savers affect standby time and they usually say that they wouldn't use that function anyway couse they are not puting animated screen savers to phone to watch them standing still.

@Yak
Thanks for the update of this script to put animation time to play. so no more bug.

yak
07-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Yes, some people reported that it decrases battey stand-by time so this was added. I'm working on a diffrent solution, maybe it will be enough to just slow the animation down but we still don't know - tests have not been made yet.

If you want to help please take a weed screen saver and modify its time from 0 to 125. Then check if the battery stand-by time is acceptable.

JUNT
28-02-2005, 10:41 AM
I have problem just a while when selecting the screen saver, the phone hangs and after 30 second it reset, this is only happen rarely. Is it the phone memory problem?
I don’t think it’s the script. Have you encountered this kind of problem?

CooBek
28-02-2005, 04:17 PM
I have problem just a while when selecting the screen saver, the phone hangs and after 30 second it reset, this is only happen rarely. Is it the phone memory problem?
I don’t think it’s the script. Have you encountered this kind of problem?

Hi mate!
IMHO maybe it is problem with you screen_saver skin.. Please check your bitmap files and animation text file.

Cheers

JUNT
01-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Hi mate!
IMHO maybe it is problem with you screen_saver skin.. Please check your bitmap files and animation text file.

Cheers
i dont get it, what is IMHO, am not good about this one. what should i do.
thanks for the reply.

mestrini
01-03-2005, 12:31 AM
i dont get it, what is IMHO, am not good about this one. what should i do.
thanks for the reply.

IMHO - In my honest opinion

IMO - In my opinion

AFAIK - As far as i know

BTW - by the way

among others.

maybe a quick search with a search engine could provide more abreviations ;)

JUNT
01-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Oh! what a new words for me, TYVM.

BTW, How to check my bitmap files and animation text file where the files am using is copied only from Yaks and dvirus screensaver.