PDA

View Full Version : Help on Nokia 6620

tolitsky
29-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Just bought this phone 2 weeks ago. This morning I notices that the screen is blank but is lighted (white screen). I tried to turn it off but it doesnt turn off. So I removed the battery and then put it back on. When I turn the phone ON it failed to start or initialize... its just a white screen. What caused this kind of problem? Is the software corrupted or is it a hardware failure. I took extra care of this phone for 2 weeks, never been dropped... can anybody please advice on what to do to fix this problem? Thanks a lot for your help....

mrei
10-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Just bought this phone 2 weeks ago. This morning I notices that the screen is blank but is lighted (white screen). I tried to turn it off but it doesnt turn off. So I removed the battery and then put it back on. When I turn the phone ON it failed to start or initialize... its just a white screen. What caused this kind of problem? Is the software corrupted or is it a hardware failure. I took extra care of this phone for 2 weeks, never been dropped... can anybody please advice on what to do to fix this problem? Thanks a lot for your help....
Could be the firmware problem, what version do you have? (*#0000#)
It's a problem related to the old original firmware V 2.14.1 28-06-04 and large MMCs.
It's called "white screen of death" and is reported to be solved with the newest firmware 4.23.2 22-12-04.