PDA

View Full Version : 8910/8910i PLEASE HELP ON HOW TO DISMANTLE..

tommyaa
05-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Hallo, i have a nokia 8910I and i have just ordered a new complete original cover.

When you spend almost $1000 on a phone you would think it would last a while.

Now the cover needs to be replaced, so i was hoping that someone could send me some info on how to dismantle the phone so i can change the cover.

Anyone have a service manual or something that i can have???

I would be very happy!!!

My email is

[email protected]

Kind Regards
Tommy

winstonluk
17-02-2005, 03:32 PM
hey i have an 8910i too and had to do some small changes to it so i had to find out the hard way in how to dismantle it.

this can be VERY TRICKY in taking it apart, it doesn't help knowing the phone is extremely expensive lol

first off unscrew two small screws at bottom of phone
take off back cover, battery, sim, antenna cover and that silver plate
(for silver plate, push down in centre and push up, it should slide off)
unscrew two screws behind antenna cover, and two underneath the silver plate
very carefully manouvre the C-shaped thing out of the phone, but while u are doing this apply pressure to the bottom sliding bit ie have the phone inbetween thumb and middle fingerpushing in a bit.

once the C-shaped silver metal brace has come out, the phone should extend a bit more than normal.
get some pliers, and carefully lift out the spring from next to the roller thing.
unscrew screw that holds roller in place.
that shud make it 7 screws so far; 5 large, 2 small.

now here's the tricky bit

the ribbon is stuck onto the metal casing - extremely annoying.
ull have to VERY SLOWLY peel some of it off

MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT RIP IT.
peel enough off so that the grooves on the top half move away from the two knobbly bits on the side of the phone.

that is the hardest part, however, depending on which bit u want to change, i might not be able to help any further, as the ribbon is somehow attached to the top half i dont know how, maybe soldered whatever .

u can change the top half two sections tho with ease, there should be one more screw under the ribbon.
however, the actual frame u might not be able to change, again the ribbon attachment is in the way.

u cud try and peelingthe whole ribbon off your old shell and triyng to stick it on your new one but EXPERIMENT WITH CARE.

hope this helps