PDA

View Full Version : gx10i - can't send sms texts

jayroller
17-02-2005, 03:45 AM
Hi all, hope someone can help me here...
I have a GX10i, originally on Vodaphone but unlocked. I can send and receive calls fine, the MMS functions ok, I can receive sms texts, but when i try and send one it comes up with a little no entry sign and the message "Error Sending Message". This is using an o2 simcard, which works fine in 2 other phones (an unlocked 3330 and an o2 x1). I've set the phone up using all the settings from the o2 website.
Hmm, I've just found my orange sim card, which i've put straight in with no setting up, and it's just sent a text ok! 2, in fact! This is weird, it sends on an unconfigured sim, the orange one - which has no GPRS logo on the screen (the only visible difference) whereas the o2 does have the "G" on it.
I'm confused. can anyone shed any light? Is it a phone problem, or a problem with o2? I'd be grateful for any help...

jensenh1
25-02-2005, 11:58 PM
put your o2 sim in the 3330 and check the message service centre number. Then put it in the sharp and check to see if they are the same. If not change the sharp one.

bobbyluvpie
08-03-2005, 10:31 PM
put your o2 sim in the 3330 and check the message service centre number. Then put it in the sharp and check to see if they are the same. If not change the sharp one.

hi im having the same problem wit my orange sim card in my unlocked sharp gx10i where can i find this center number?

jensenh1
09-03-2005, 08:42 PM
hi im having the same problem wit my orange sim card in my unlocked sharp gx10i where can i find this center number?
have you done master reset on phone after unlocking? try that 1st then put orange card in another phone, go into message settings and write down centre number. Then try it in the gx10i