PDA

View Full Version : New Way To Make Screensaver!

mirkocrocop
15-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Ok people here we go, today i mirkocrocop was bored :-P and have plenty of time so i have played with TIM screensaver files :
First we need you make a "Screensavers" dir in C:\system, then you need 3 files in that directory
1."BmpAnimScrPlugin.ini" and that file contains this
[info]
; Plugin name
name=HERE INPUT WHATHEVER NAME YOU LIKE

; Bitmap file name (on ROM full path is needed)
;mbmfile=c:\system\screensavers\BmpAnimScrPlugin.mbm

; Running time in millis
runningtime=60000000

; Suspend time in millis (max 2147483647, -1 indefinitely)
suspendtime=-1

; Time between images in millis
timing=200000

; Time to keep lights on in seconds
lights=15
2. "BmpAnimScrPlugin.mbm" this file you can make on your own with MBM Wizard wich you can find on Downloads section on this site here btw this is a site to be
http://www.symbian-freak.com/downloads/MBM/mbm_wizard.zip.

3. "BmpAnimScrPlugin.sc" this file i can send you if you PM me.

When you put all those 3 files in C:\system\Screensavers dir you will get a new screensaver!

P.S. This is tested only on 6630 TIM mobile phone with V 2.39.15 FW. But i think it will work on any other phone! So test it and post a result! :wink:
And I almoust forget to say this is a site to be www.symbian-freak.com :)

nagin
15-03-2005, 05:39 PM
can u post a screenshot of what this new screensaver will look like on the phone?

mirkocrocop
15-03-2005, 07:04 PM
No, but maybe i was not so clear about it! When you make your own screensaver it looks however you wont and it is intergradet into symbian. For example you want that screensaver to be some gif file. Open that gif file and save each frame as .bmp or .jpg, than open mbm wizard and create with those pictures .mbm file, rename it as i said before, and in that .ini file change the name whathever you like, than save .ini file, after doing that transfer all files to c:\system\Screensavers dir and if u want to turn on your screensaver joust go to the Menu and chose Themes whathever you like and go to Options->Edit->Screen saver and there should be your screensaver(the standard options are Date and time and Text).

lookinside
17-03-2005, 11:11 PM
First off, i'd like to thank you for sending me the files needed to create the new screensaver.

Second, it turned out great!!!

I changed the original MBM file with a new one by my own creation, then i edited the INI file so it wouldn't show "TIM" (it now shows lookinside, instead), changed the default running time and the default "lights on" time too.

The result? A new, great and completely personal screensaver, thanks to your wonderful hint!

http://members.netmadeira.com/jnnl/image.bmp

mirkocrocop
18-03-2005, 12:52 PM
First off, i'd like to thank you for sending me the files needed to create the new screensaver.

Second, it turned out great!!!

I changed the original MBM file with a new one by my own creation, then i edited the INI file so it wouldn't show "TIM" (it now shows lookinside, instead), changed the default running time and the default "lights on" time too.

The result? A new, great and completely personal screensaver, thanks to your wonderful hint!
And the best thing about this is you dont need any software for that screensaver so it dosent take extra ram from your mobile. Thank you for posting, and sorry but would you be so kind and wrote on wich mobile did you do that.
:)

mirkocrocop
18-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Here you are all 3 files joust create Screensavers dir in C:\system and copy all 3 files to that dir, then restart your mobile and go to the Themes->Edit->Screen Saver and you should get 3 one TIM(offcourse you can change name of screensaver) joust select it and wait. Please poste on forum what happened and on wich mobile. :wink:

nagin
18-03-2005, 02:18 PM
is there any way that i can have the digital clock with BIGGER digits without running 3rd party screensaver such as psiloc or plock?

mirkocrocop
18-03-2005, 02:53 PM
is there any way that i can have the digital clock with BIGGER digits without running 3rd party screensaver such as psiloc or plock?
Sorry but i think not, this thing only work with .mbm files. :(

lookinside
18-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Sorry... I forgot to tell that i made it on a Nokia 6630.

nagin
19-03-2005, 09:43 AM
didn't work on my 6600 v4.09.1

I get app closed screensaver

mirkocrocop
19-03-2005, 08:38 PM

I know, i found out that for now this thing works for 6630 :) , and dont work for 6600. :sad:

red_virus
21-03-2005, 01:02 AM
I know, i found out that for now this thing works for 6630 :) , and dont work for 6600. :sad:

Hi, Thanks for the info and the files. but sorry i am new to the world of symbian but is there a way of having a gif file as an mbmfile if so how thanks any help will be greatly appreiciated.

mirkocrocop
21-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Hi, Thanks for the info and the files. but sorry i am new to the world of symbian but is there a way of having a gif file as an mbmfile if so how thanks any help will be greatly appreiciated.
No way, sorry, but it is so easy to convert gif to mbm. :smile:

coolice00
22-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey,

Help! I'm struggling with one area that I have been unable to acheive.
I cannot make the new .MBM file from the JPG's I have.
Normally I'm quite good at sorting it out but this one's stumping me & it sounds so simple.

Any chance of a quick guide how to use MBMWizard to convert back to .MBM again?

Cheers,

Ian

mirkocrocop
22-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Hey,

Help! I'm struggling with one area that I have been unable to acheive.
I cannot make the new .MBM file from the JPG's I have.
Normally I'm quite good at sorting it out but this one's stumping me & it sounds so simple.

Any chance of a quick guide how to use MBMWizard to convert back to .MBM again?

Cheers,

Ian

1. open mbmwizard :smile:
2. in left side of window select jpg you want (or more of them)
3. When you select yours jpgs click "Add selected as" but before you click that select the number of colours you want to use c stands for colour.
4. when you select what you want click that "Add selected as"
5. now in the center of window you will see jpgs you add
6. if you want to save those jpgs as mbm file (mbm is like gif) go to File->Save As and choose the name and place to save mbm file and click Save. And voila that is it! :)

coolice00
22-03-2005, 08:53 PM
1. open mbmwizard :smile:
2. in left side of window select jpg you want (or more of them)
3. When you select yours jpgs click "Add selected as" but before you click that select the number of colours you want to use c stands for colour.
4. when you select what you want click that "Add selected as"
5. now in the center of window you will see jpgs you add
6. if you want to save those jpgs as mbm file (mbm is like gif) go to File->Save As and choose the name and place to save mbm file and click Save. And voila that is it! :)

Hey,

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately this is exactly what I am doing & it just creates a temp extract folder with the pictures in and an error file.

I'm going to keep playing around to see if I get the knack of it, I must be just missing something silly.

Cheers,

Ian

mirkocrocop
22-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Hey,

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately this is exactly what I am doing & it just creates a temp extract folder with the pictures in and an error file.

I'm going to keep playing around to see if I get the knack of it, I must be just missing something silly.

Cheers,

Ian
Hm, it seems that something is wrong with mbmwizard, did you try to reinstall it?

SpikeyGit
23-03-2005, 07:34 AM
I couldn't get MBM Wizard to work either, but did finally manage to work out how to create MBM files - see here (http://www.myseries60.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7055)

Thanks for the other info mirkocrocop - once I sorted the MBM file out, it worked a treat!

Floydian1
25-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Just get a mbm file of 0kb in size and the following error output:

BMCONV version 103.
Compiling...
Multiple bitmap store type: File store
Epoc file: BmpAnimScrPlugin.mbm

Bitmap file 1 : PinkFloyd
Bitmap file 2 : 01.bmp
Bitmap file 3 : /c24PinkFloyd
Bitmap file 4 : 02.bmp
Bitmap file 5 : /c24PinkFloyd
Bitmap file 6 : 03.bmp
Bitmap file 7 : /c24PinkFloyd
Bitmap file 8 : 04.bmp
Bitmap file 9 : /c24PinkFloyd
Bitmap file 10 : 05.bmp
Bitmap file 11 : /c24PinkFloyd
Bitmap file 12 : 06.bmp
Bitmap file 13 : /c24PinkFloyd
Bitmap file 14 : 07.bmp
Bitmap file 15 : /c24PinkFloyd
Bitmap file 16 : 08.bmp
Bitmap file 17 : /c24PinkFloyd
Bitmap file 18 : 09.bmp
Bitmap file 19 : /c24PinkFloyd
Bitmap file 20 : 10.bmp
Bitmap file 21 : /c24PinkFloyd
Bitmap file 22 : 11.bmp
Bitmap file 23 : /c24PinkFloyd
Bitmap file 24 : 12.bmp
Bitmap file 25 : /c24PinkFloyd
Bitmap file 26 : 13.bmp
File does not exist

yajtoh
26-03-2005, 12:53 AM
hola Floydian1

use only one word for original file before converting
if your file have name pink floyd.bmp rename it to pink.bmp and try again

_RA_
02-04-2005, 12:03 PM

It works fine on a 6600, just set the lights=15 to lights=0 and no app closed message anymore.

AshUK85
09-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Is there a default nokia screensaver installed on unbranded 6630's or not, because I got my O2 branded 6630 on tuesday and it has a O2 one that I cant delete :(

steman83
09-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Is there a default nokia screensaver installed on unbranded 6630's or not, because I got my O2 branded 6630 on tuesday and it has a O2 one that I cant delete :(
You can go into Themes, then Edit the current selected theme. Then you have the option to change the screensaver. Select data/time to remove O2 screensaver. Or... use this method to make your own.

AshUK85
09-04-2005, 08:39 PM
You can go into Themes, then Edit the current selected theme. Then you have the option to change the screensaver. Select data/time to remove O2 screensaver. Or... use this method to make your own.

Yeah I figured that out too, but was wondering if there was a original Nokia one preinstalled in unbranded phones?
There any way to delete the O2 screensaver from the Z:\ share on my phone?

steman83
09-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Yeah I figured that out too, but was wondering if there was a original Nokia one preinstalled in unbranded phones?
There any way to delete the O2 screensaver from the Z:\ share on my phone?
Don't think there is an unbranded Nokia one like you said. Think you are stuck with the O2 one on the phone. Though I bet someone will find a way of getting rid of it. Probably on C Drive of the phone I bet.

mirkocrocop
10-04-2005, 04:13 PM
The only way to get rid of it is to flash your mobile. :-)

Darla
19-04-2005, 06:11 PM
This is amazing!!! Thanks for the heads up. I was actually trying to do this last night before reading this, and have come up with some issues.

First of all, I also have a 6630 with the TIM screensaver. I extracted those 3 files from the T-Mobile screensaver that I have on my 6600 and made the directory onto the 6630. I had to re-edit the ini file to locate the path to the c drive instead of z, and it is already named T-Mobile.
I followed the instructions but when I go to the theme to select the screensaver it doesn't show up.
Any suggestions?

Oliberserk
25-04-2005, 12:35 PM
I tried out this trick and it worked fine on my 6260 too... I just had to change the lights on to 0...
I was just wondering if it's possible to edit some file in order to change the name of the files to something more "clear" like myscreensaver or something like that... Does anyone know something about it? I've tried to change a couple of settings inside the .sc file, but it doesn't seem to work... Btw, the settings inside the ini file are repeated in the sc file... why?
thx!

mirkocrocop
25-04-2005, 08:24 PM
I tried out this trick and it worked fine on my 6260 too... I just had to change the lights on to 0...
I was just wondering if it's possible to edit some file in order to change the name of the files to something more "clear" like myscreensaver or something like that...
thx!
Just modify the .ini file, when you open it you will see
; Plugin name

Darla
03-05-2005, 04:53 AM
OMG I finally got it working!!!! YAY!!! I know have a T-Mobile screensaver on my TIM branded phone.

mirkocrocop
03-05-2005, 07:52 PM
OMG I finally got it working!!!! YAY!!! I know have a T-Mobile screensaver on my TIM branded phone.
You go girl :D

cj25764
05-05-2005, 08:36 AM
tried to used mbm wizard wif jpeg files at 1st, no can do.
then tried it wif bmp files, works like a charm.
then tried wif bmp file wif size 176 X 208(full screen), doesnt work.
though a mbm file is created, it's file size is actually 0 btyes.
cun seem to get it to work now.
is mbm wizard stable? :???:

mirkocrocop
11-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Here try with this app :wink:

plwh888
19-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Thanks all !!!

I have managed to make a new screen saver for my Nokia 6680. I'm using screen shot from Sony PSP Wipeout Pure Game.

Totally Rock !!!!!!!!

everitt
25-05-2005, 07:51 PM
wow, great, thanks.

this works fine on my 6600 for a short time (a few minutes), but then reverts to the standard time/ date. If i stop the screensaver, and let it go again then mine comes up, again only for a short time. i guess it has something to do with the variables in the .ini file, but i can't work out which one. can anybody give me a hand?

thanks

mirkocrocop
26-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Hi now we can make our screensaver run forever just modify your .ini file to look like this one.

[info]
; Plugin name
name=MODIFY ME

; Running time in millis
runningtime=1600000000

suspendtime=0

timing=200000

lights=0

numbskull
31-05-2005, 01:07 PM
yo mirko! i tested on tim screensaver on my n-gage firmware 4.03, but it doesn't work!any solutions, man?!!! please..!!

BizzyRok
31-05-2005, 06:10 PM
when i make the mbm file it is only 0 bytes

coolice00
01-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Hey BizzRok,

I had the same problem mate.
What I found I had to do using MBMTool is load in the images you want to use, highlight them all, then change their colours using the paint icon.

Change them to whatever you like, I normally try & keep to the highest setting if I can. Then once done choose Save MBM File.

This should sort your problem.

Ian

BizzyRok
01-06-2005, 11:13 PM
OK thanks got it working on my 6600
but i guess there is no way for it to light up when the screensaver comes on? :rolleyes:

mirkocrocop
02-06-2005, 11:02 AM
For now there is no way :-(

Aikorn
11-06-2005, 04:43 PM
wow, great, thanks.

this works fine on my 6600 for a short time (a few minutes), but then reverts to the standard time/ date. If i stop the screensaver, and let it go again then mine comes up, again only for a short time. i guess it has something to do with the variables in the .ini file, but i can't work out which one. can anybody give me a hand?

thanks

Hi, Ive spent hours trying this and finally got it to work on my 6630, but mine also goes back to date/time after a couple of minutes, also the lights dont come on so you cant really see it anyway! tried altering the program to 30 and 45 seconds but make no difference, can anyone help me finish the job?

mirkocrocop
11-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Offcourse i can help you just follow this link
http://www.symbian-freak.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=294 Just read it carefully :wink:

4me2c
16-06-2005, 05:13 PM
HI can't seem to be able to install MBM Wizard keep getting this error message "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". I've downloaded the program 3 times and i still get the same message when i try to install it on my computer. What am i doing wrong ? Help?

giwrgos_Ath
17-06-2005, 03:19 PM
OK thanks got it working on my 6600
but i guess there is no way for it to light up when the screensaver comes on? :rolleyes:

when i got my 6630 it had o2's firmware inside (it wasn't locked) and it had o2's screensaver. when the screensaver was coming on, it was lighting up! I flashed my mobile in a nokia shop with the latest firmware (not o2), but i kept the screensaver files and put them back as the tutorial in the post was saying... Now it works like before, and the light is coming up. i assume this is because of a difference in the third file (not the .mbm or the .ini). I can post the files that i kept and have installed in my phone if that helps...

my question is: Can you put more than one screensaver in the phone and be able to swich betweend them in the themes menu?

mirkocrocop
17-06-2005, 07:52 PM
For now no, and plz post the .sc and .ini file and i will inform you if this really works ;-)

giwrgos_Ath
19-06-2005, 09:12 AM
ok, here you go!

reply here to tell me if it works in other people too! i haven't tried that at my friend's 6630, but worked fine in mine!

p.s. I've included all 3 files in case someone want's the screensaver from o2!

mirkocrocop
19-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Sorry but i forget to ask you does light runs all the time if u want it or just regular 1 min. ;-)

giwrgos_Ath
20-06-2005, 08:49 AM
The light turns off (my settings in the phone are: 5 sec for the light and 1 min for the screensaver) and when the time for the screeensaver comes, it turns on again for a while and then swiches off again...

mirkocrocop
20-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Than the .sc file is no different then my own, on 6630 light turns on but if u set in .ini file tu run always it will not do it. ;-)

giwrgos_Ath
21-06-2005, 08:41 AM
I think there is a difference in the file, 'coz the size is different i think....

At least it turns the light on! ;) I don't see why someone would like that to run all the time, since the sceensaver consumes battery like a beŁ$%! :)

we should post our screensavers in .mbm format, ready to copy and paste (including all 3 files) in a new post so that average users can do that easier... i've seen some posts like that, but the files were .gif i think...

bad_apple
27-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Hi guys, Tried this over the weekend on my 6680, great results. have attached all files for you to look at.

Have one question about the .sc file. I have opened it in notepad and i find that it contains the origanal TIM .ini file about half way down ? what does this file actualy do ?

Thanks for all the help

CraXJaX
01-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Hello..
Thanks mirkocrocop.. Your method seems to have become famous.. : )

Anyway, I'm using a 6630 and I used MBM wizard to create the mbm file, which turned out ok.. (some 2 Mb, when I used 2 jpg images) '
However, the screensaver on the phone looks nothing like the pictures I've added.. It's just some random colours like some modern art ;)

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks..

JaX

EDIT: I just tried your TIM screensaver, it doesn't work either! Now I'm really spooked.. I something wrong with my 6630?? :o :o :o

giwrgos_Ath
02-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Hello..
Thanks mirkocrocop.. Your method seems to have become famous.. : )

Anyway, I'm using a 6630 and I used MBM wizard to create the mbm file, which turned out ok.. (some 2 Mb, when I used 2 jpg images) '
However, the screensaver on the phone looks nothing like the pictures I've added.. It's just some random colours like some modern art ;)

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks..

JaX

EDIT: I just tried your TIM screensaver, it doesn't work either! Now I'm really spooked.. I something wrong with my 6630?? :o :o :o

i had a similar problem when i was trying to convert a gif image to mbm. finally, i found that i was working with only a few colors.

when you open the gif file (or the mbm one) using Mbmtool, select all the frames, right click and choose 'change colors' increase the number of colors and try again. the more, the better, but also this increases the size... I hope this helps

About the size, i would say that you are using big pictures to make the mbm... on the 6630 the max resolution that you can get is 176x208 pixels. try to resize the pictures before you use them in the program.

kimira
29-07-2005, 12:42 AM
thx alot mate!
it work really well on my 6680

jho51e
22-08-2005, 01:54 PM
sorry all but i am really new to this.. did all the steps and still getting 0mb for my mbm file?!

mr-monty
24-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Got it working on both 6600 and 6630.

harr
29-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Got it working on both 6600 and 6630.

If its working on 6600, is it also working on 7610?
does the .sc file has to be edited again if i change the .ini file or its automatically connected and changed as the .ini file changed?

i cant work it out on my 7610 although i've follow the instructions...:D
does changing the 'lights value' and 'suspendtime value' could make this things work on 7610 as mentioned above about it for 6600?
thanks for the attention... ;-)

bhugzy
13-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Ok people here we go, today i mirkocrocop was bored :-P and have plenty of time so i have played with TIM screensaver files :
First we need you make a "Screensavers" dir in C:\system, then you need 3 files in that directory
1."BmpAnimScrPlugin.ini" and that file contains this
[info]
; Plugin name

; Running time in millis
runningtime=60000000

suspendtime=-1

timing=200000

lights=15
2. "BmpAnimScrPlugin.mbm" this file you can make on your own with MBM Wizard wich you can find on Downloads section on this site here btw this is a site to be
http://www.symbian-freak.com/downloads/MBM/mbm_wizard.zip.

3. "BmpAnimScrPlugin.sc" this file i can send you if you PM me.

When you put all those 3 files in C:\system\Screensavers dir you will get a new screensaver!

P.S. This is tested only on 6630 TIM mobile phone with V 2.39.15 FW. But i think it will work on any other phone! So test it and post a result! :wink:
And I almoust forget to say this is a site to be www.symbian-freak.com :)

hey dude,
cud u mail me the file "BmpAnimScrPlugin.sc" for i'm onto making a screen saver for my 6630. my id is [email protected], and this is the first time i'm doin somethin like this....

ahmedharris
23-12-2005, 03:21 PM
which ini file should we modify?
where is the file located?

alexmae
29-12-2005, 07:32 PM
does this work with n70? i don't have the screensavers dir and it's a tim branded phone :???:

mexhex2
04-01-2006, 12:11 PM
im sooo glad i found this thread..ive been seaching for soo long.. this works on my 3230 v 4.0537.0.. nice work man. i was just wondering why the screensaver reverts back to the time & date after some minutes.. is it possible for the new screensaver for the only 1 running.. plus is there a way to make the light come on for a while when the new screensaver starts 'coz id like to see it with backlights for a time only.. thanks a lot :-)

xecuterbox
21-02-2006, 03:30 AM
does this work with n70? i don't have the screensavers dir and it's a tim branded phone :???:

Yes - I just done it on mine right before I saw your post :)

Its great ... Just use fexplorer to go to c:\system and create a folder screensavers...stick the 3 files there...reboot...go to themes...select a new one.

Will be changing another 3 phones tomorrow hehe...a 2nd n70, 6630 + 7610

:)

bad_apple
15-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Hi I tried this on a nokia N80 using my original screen saver from my 6680. Fexploer does not install on N80 so used Sexplorer copied files to C:\System|Screensavers. rebooted phone went to themes | edit and its not there. If anyone else has any luck on Symbian S60 V3 phones please post thread

jabloe
22-08-2007, 04:32 AM
hi i got the three file but can anybody please send me step by step instructions on how to install on the phone (NOKIA N80) as i setup the directory in c:/system/screen savers and then the three files but then how do i add the pictures to start up my screen saver on my phone i used the mbm wizard but when i go save as the file size is 0 bytes i dont know why and when i saved that file then where do i put that file on my phone please can anybody help me with this problem im having ill gladly appreciate it
Thanks alot