PDA

View Full Version : Nokix Guard Bug? with Nokia 3310 V6.07

CoolJamie
09-04-2005, 10:41 PM
This is probably a bug with a script or my flash file, but I would appreciate some help on this!

I have tried patching a 3310 flash file with the guard using the latest scripts, but the menu item has no text saying "Messages security" or whatever. I had this working fine (i.e. with the text on the menu) at the end of last year, but it doesn't appear to work now.

Am I missing something? Should I use a V6.33 flash file? Or am I missing some string somewhere? Was the text intentionally removed?

Thank you for any help!
Jamie

yak
10-04-2005, 06:52 PM
first of all please read guard.nrx's script info.

add guard.nrx and add_ppm_strings.nrx to your processing list.
add your missing text to text file gives as parameter to add_ppm_strings.nrx...

@text var text/messages_guard
ENGL:Messages guard
plus some other languages here if you like

now create an item in your menu:

@item title=text/messages_guard def=messages_guard

i assumed here that you gave "messages_guard" as first param to guard.nrx (as i said, read its info)

should work this way...

CoolJamie
10-04-2005, 07:03 PM
first of all please read guard.nrx's script info.

add guard.nrx and to your processing list.
add your missing text to text file gives as parameter to add_ppm_strings.nrx...

@text var text/messages_guard
ENGL:Messages guard
plus some other languages here if you like

now create an item in your menu:

@item title=text/messages_guard def=messages_guard

i assumed here that you gave "messages_guard" as first param to guard.nrx (as i said, read its info)

should work this way...

Hi Yak,

I did read it, but didn't add the "add_ppm_strings.nrx" script to my project. Probably because I was being dumb.

I solved the problem by putting title="Message Security" after the menu item, so obviously I managed to read "write_main_menu.nrx" correctly! But I only solved it about 30 mins ago!

Thanks very much for your help. Your solution is the proper way to do it!
Cheers,
Jamie

yak
11-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Your solution is also ok but your title will not respond to language changes and you can't use special chars (unicode) there. If all chars from your language are in ASCII and you don't use other languages then your way does the same jub but is simplier :).