PDA

View Full Version : Handset manager for e700 Xp needed

Joey_k
20-04-2005, 09:37 PM
I have this e-700 and the screen broke off. The phone can still be switched on, but off course I don't see a thing on my screen. There are some pictures on my phone which are very valuable to me.
So I bought a usb cable for this phone, downloaded software from samsung but now I can't make a connection with my phone.
Tries different drivers but it seems they're all for win98 or 2K.

Can somebody tell me what software to use to install the cable and to get the pictures??

Thanx in advance!!

e700 wapman
20-04-2005, 10:02 PM
i take it you have installed the usb drivers for your cable? if so go into your samsung software and then into settings. try using each port at a time until you get the one that connects your phone. once you have done that you can see two arrows at the top of samsung software, click on that and you should be able to download your pics.
good luck.

Joey_k
21-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Alright I finally managed to get the cable working! :-o

So basically I have this:
1 xp computer
1 usb to serial datacable
1 samsung easystudio pims & filemanager

the Samsung pims & filemanager starts up.... and then... *Ploing* an error message: Cannot initialize Dao/jet db engine What the f*ck is going on?

One thing is for sure: Next time I buy myself a real phone... Nokia.... Plenty of (freeware) programs to connect your phone to your pc......