PDA

View Full Version : nokia 6210 ringer and lcd problems

richyrich
19-09-2005, 09:12 PM
hi all,,
can anyone help ??, i have a 6210 dads phone ha ha but hes used to it , problems are his old one got unlocked on a market and never worked again and the replacement he has now does not ring, i am guessing the ringer is no good , as it beeps for the keypads etc, where is the ringer located as i am hoping to take the ringer from the old 6210 that did work if possible, i have tried the rubber piece in the earphone moulding but this does not make any difference so pcb problem where next ?? also the screen is breaking up if you hold it at an angle and look down it is fine but when looking straight on the lcd just pulses and is very dark, i have changed the keypad/screen unit from the old phone but this has made no difference, elasticisor is fine and the screen works ok in the old 6210 any help would be greatly appreciated thanks rich

electrophoretic
04-10-2005, 09:26 PM
sounds to me like the contrast has been changed somehow. i think this can be changed with Wintesla but i am guessing you dont have access to it so you might have to take it to a shop.

as for the ringer, in my experience changing the ringer for another one from a different phone fixes it 99% of the time, however, there is a Transistor, a Resistor, a Capacitor and a Diode pack in the line to, and then the UEM, which might have been damaged during unlocking as it controls the ringer to. If your confident at repairing i can post pictures of the locations but if not then its off to the shop!!

G

richyrich
07-10-2005, 07:27 AM
hello, yes that would be helpful if you could post pics or email them to me , i dont mind a bit of pcb work, thanks, also i do have a cable but it is usb and i think i need the serial connection for wintesla , am i right ? , cheers rich

electrophoretic
07-10-2005, 10:11 AM
OK, I think you just need to replace your LCD if not then yeah you need the Serial cable as far as i know, Software isnt my thing really... Here is the diagrams for your buzzer problems...

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/27904053813.jpg&s=x10

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/27904044642.jpg&s=x10

Hope This Helps

G