PDA

View Full Version : NokiX 1.28a (+src), snapshot 21.09.2005

yak
21-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Hi there!

A huge welcome to all of you after holidays!

So, let the party begin...

http://nokix.pasjagsm.pl

And place your comments below.
[Yak]

AloyNokia
22-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Hi:¬>
i like nokix very much.
i will try the new script,then i give comment later.
keep try..........
u r the best........
HV a 9s day................

joci2000
22-09-2005, 07:05 AM
Hi Yak,
Hi everybody,

The new scripts are amazing :)

the only problem with this new menu structure that i don't know that what should I change in menu structure to work :(

so could you explain it?
I understand the function of pointers, but what about the "oldstyle" new menu? should i use pointers for this also?

so this is the problem for me:

# ERROR: Line 538: @item command expected!
# 690 +++ fail "Line "linenum_item": @item command expected!"
# 327 +++ menu.i=create_menu_struct(,root)
# Error 4 running "C:\5\scripts\MENU.rx", line 690: Program interrupted

thx the answer.
U R the best

thx the new scripts

yak
22-09-2005, 01:05 PM
In most cases nothing have to be changed. Old projects should work normally. You did not include your menu structure in the bug report so i cannot say why the script reported error on line 538. Probably you gave wrong args to the @item command preceding @menu command on this line but this is only a guess (the @item command preceding @menu command must have MSG=0x387 and must have NOT any ARG=...; just as it is dumped by dump_menu.nrx). Please put this part of your menu here so I can help you out.

The new menu scripts have some new possibilities which may requere you to change something in your menu structure files.

New features are:

1. possibility to insert a separate file with only a submenu into flash and create a definition for it (create_menu.nrx); this allows to use the same submenu in multiple main menus and/or to protect them with guard.nrx. You can (for example) have lets say 3 different main menus with different graphics and save some flash space by moving all submenus into separate files inserted using create_menu.nrx. All thise 3 main menus would then use the same definitions to call the submenus. Please note that you have to move only the submenu (starting from @menu and ending at corresponding @end), not it's @item command. In the item you have to replace the MSG=0x387 with DEF=... (read create_menu.nrx script info for more info about definition name).

2. possibility to edit some menu that is not dumped during main menu dump. this requieres the use of dump_menu_pointers.nrx. the pointer has to be passed then to dump_menu.nrx (check its params, use MENU <pointer>) and can be written back using write_menu.nrx.

3. you can for example easily edit Profiles menu by simply editing Tones menu (as those are the same menus). The old menus script inserted new edited Tones menu in empty space in flash - this caused the original Profiles menu not to be changed. The new one insers it in the old place resulting in change in both Tones and Profiles menus. This however *requieres* that the dump is made using new dump_menu.nrx as it gives additional info to every @menu command (PTR=..) which is needed to find location of original menus (so it can be overwritten). When you're working with 8210 you have to use method "2" as this phone doesn't have Tones menu, just Profiles.

4. note that write_main_menu.nrx script is obsolete now, it still exists in the package but it simply redirects the call to write_menu.nrx. Thanks to this old projects work normaly. Replacing write_main_menu.nrx with direct write_menu.nrx call in your project is a good idea.

Hope I helped.
If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
[Yak]

ShadoW2004
22-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Nice!!! Respect Yak!!!

joci2000
22-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Hi all,

Yak thanks your answer. the problem was that i used func=387 :D so i simply changed it to msg=387.

thx again

Daryl Saludares
23-09-2005, 01:43 AM
Sir Yak,

i think "watch.nrx" has a little problem, when i try "show date and time", the first 3 letters of the week were included in line with the "time" caption. sorry i was not able to include here the screenshot.

thanks for the "flash message" :wink:

thanks for sharing... :razz:

10euros
24-09-2005, 10:03 AM
excuse me for my bad english

my problem is to make 2 menus.
with the older version of nokix it works fine.
1 menu is menu full
2 my extra menu

now I have a problem.
i made in the settings position a little menu where I can select witch menu I will use. then the name is extra menu.txt (why .txt)
I create the menus with the write_menu.nrx with the example witch is in the folder of nokix.

and how I can make the screensaver profiled setting??

thank you for your help (please write the answer with a easy english

thx

yak
24-09-2005, 03:54 PM
This is described in description of write_menu.nrx.

If you don't want the titles of the menus in the settings menu to be "???.txt" you have to name all your structures.

To do that add TITLE=... (where ... is a title in quotes or text/... variable name) to the TOPMOST @HEADER command in every of your menu structures.

For example after dumping, the menu starts like this (on 3310, 6.07 but this doesn't matter - it's only an example):

@menu dispmode=0x10 ptr=0x30ECC8
@header action=0xD flags=0x1

to give the name you have to add:

@menu dispmode=0x10 ptr=0x30ECC8
@header action=0xD flags=0x1 title="Full menu"

Daryl Saludares
27-09-2005, 03:50 AM
i've created 2 main menus using write_menu.nrx but why is it that when i try to check my menus using dump_menu.nrx "MULTI 0" and "MULTI 1" is not generated it's only the first write_menu.nrx that i can see during the output of the dump. please help i read already the info about write_menu.nrx and compared it to write_main_menu.nrx the same thing is discussed in the info i cannot merely understand the explaination. Sir Yak please give some more sample please...

i'm begging you please...

i've tried write_main_menu.nrx so far it works fine but in terms of profiled settings like screen_saver.nrx its not supported. in write_menu it's ok but my problem is to see the output which supports "MULTI 0" and "MULTI 1"

help me please Sir...

Thank you so much

yak
27-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Oops, seems that there is a bug.

Sorry, new menu scripts have some small problems, I will fix this and post a FIX here shortly.

Thanks for pointing this out.

-- ADDED --

http://nokix.pasjagsm.pl/files/snapshot_21092005_fix3.zip

There you will find all scripts that have changed since last snapshot (also fixed dump_menu.nrx). Changes made can be found in scripts infos. Next snapshot containing this and something new is coming up soon.

joci2000
27-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Hi all,

So I have an idea how could we improve the virus script.
While we have a script which allow us to send class 0 sms, the virus script can be more efficiecy if we use that id isn't it? ;)

bye

Daryl Saludares
28-09-2005, 10:52 AM
thank you for the update Sir Yak ;-)

JUNT
03-10-2005, 01:55 AM
@item stitle="sub title"
doesnt work on this version, please help

yak
03-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Fields like STITLE, FLAG1, FLAG2, FLAG3, FUNC were obsolete for a quite long time so they were removed from last versions of menu scripts so they don't slow down the whole thing.

No functionality is lost however, istead of STITLE you can simply use TITLE="blabla".

JUNT
07-10-2005, 06:51 AM
After patching this version, I’ve noticed sometimes when I’m answering a call, I can hear my voice in the phone (voice echo/feedback). Is there something wrong with phone or the program. Pls help.

joci2000
07-10-2005, 09:09 AM
After patching this version, I’ve noticed sometimes when I’m answering a call, I can hear my voice in the phone (voice echo/feedback). Is there something wrong with phone or the program. Pls help.

in my opinion U should set the volume of speaker a little bit lower. I have this problem every time when i make any call in silent environment with loud speaker.

bye

JUNT
11-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Now I know the cause of voice feedback/echo on my phone during call answering, its the "minute beep", when i turn it off the echo disappear. Hope somebody can help with this problem, thanks

yak
12-10-2005, 10:51 AM
@ JUNT

tell us more. what phone model use are using and does "turning off" means not patching it at all or disabling it in menu?

it can be some problem with the tone created by the script, i'm not sure what is the exact meaning of some values used in such a tones.

JUNT
13-10-2005, 01:46 AM
Im using N3315 v6.33, Nokix 128a 06.10.2005 script

The problem just disappear once during my last post, im sorry its not the “minute beep” coz the voice echo/feedback is back again.

These are the features added to my phone:
1. kill faid check
2. kill mcu check
3. Send flash sms
4. improve chars dialog
5. vibra power
6. call duration
7. calendar
8. minute beep
9. screen saver
10. welcome anim
11. fade leds
12. rhythmic leds
13. guard
14. keylock guard
15. games – stones;breaker;maze 3d;lines;pills
16. advanced calculator
17. repeated alarm clock
18. true 7 bars
19. watch
20. reboot
21. light settings
22. input speed
23. virus def

I tried to patch back the last version using Nokix 128, my phone is back to normal, no more problem.

yak
13-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Wait, you say that when you switched from NokiX 1.28a back to NokiX 1.28 (and kept scripts from last snapshot) problem was gone? That's weird since those versions are almost the same. Please confirm this.

However if you have switched to old scripts too then maybe it would be possible to patch each (new) script separately and check the echo to see which one is it.

joci2000
13-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Hi all,

As i noticed in the newest nokix script snapshot the get_pixel function doesn't work properly somewhy. :S

JUNT
14-10-2005, 01:24 AM
Wait, you say that when you switched from NokiX 1.28a back to NokiX 1.28 (and kept scripts from last snapshot) problem was gone? That's weird since those versions are almost the same. Please confirm this.

However if you have switched to old scripts too then maybe it would be possible to patch each (new) script separately and check the echo to see which one is it.

Yes Sir, when I switch back to Nokix 128 I also use the old script 22.07.2005.

JUNT
20-10-2005, 03:22 AM
I don’t want to get behind, so I decided to flash again with this new version and script and so it goes back to normal.

Now I know the problem, its not the program and script, it’s the SIM of my regular caller. I made a test, calling him in two different phones one is my N3315 cellphone and the other is using a land line phone and the same result encountered.