PDA

View Full Version : 6230. help!!!

RED_COVER
25-09-2005, 05:12 AM
my phone got wet when we went to seaworld.it can't be turned on and when it turns on for a few seconds, it says "contact service" then it dies. the sim is working though when i used it with another phone.please help! :cry:

ginohunter
27-09-2005, 09:40 PM
my phone got wet when we went to seaworld.it can't be turned on and when it turns on for a few seconds, it says "contact service" then it dies. the sim is working though when i used it with another phone.please help! :cry:

Sorry ur fone got wet guy!! most of the time there is no help for this cause of water and heavens forbid if it was salt water toss that thing out now!!! but in some rare cases i have been able to bring them back to life using this method: first take the fone apart, second take a razor blade and gently go across the contact where the simm goes, next go arcross the board with a toothbrush dabbed (and i mean dabbed not a lot)with achol rubbing achol, and brush the board gently with the toothbrush on both sides of the board!! wait for about 2min put the phone back to gether place the simm card in the phone and try it!! this works about 65-70% of the time depending on what type of water (salt or plain) peace out!!! hope that help :-D ;-)

noxoc
28-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Take phone apart and use methylated spirits and a toothbrush, gently use toothbrush all over pcb and dry completely, I have had a lot of success with this method, even with one that was dropped in the sea.
cheers
noxoc