PDA

View Full Version : Norton AntiVirus 2005 for Symbian Series 60 (Full version)

lck5775
30-09-2005, 12:38 PM
I have just purchased the full version of Symantec Mobile Security ( Norton AntiVirus 2005 for Symbian Series 60) from the Symantec website. This antivirus is the best for series 60 cell phones. I want to share it with you all. Just install and have fun.

This is not a trial version for 60 days. It will expire in 2007, just run the live update after installation. :razz:

llegal attachment removed

tankado
02-10-2005, 01:12 AM
:???: moderators please approve this baby! i want it :-P

jsmonu
02-10-2005, 06:35 AM
Please folks.. approve this app atleast.. it's atleast for the good of all and preventing the purposes of those annoying virus creators..
Would realllyy appreciate it..

thanx..
J (",)

tankado
02-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Thank you for this...no more virus attacks when i go to the mall. :P

jsmonu
02-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Danke' Danke' Danke' :)

pinto
03-10-2005, 12:00 PM
I cant install it on n-gage, it says instalation incomplete, and then gives error

sannya
03-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Why I cant run live update?

Klonstar
04-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Why I cant run live update?

...mayby caus u donīt own it!?...
...buy it and it if u want run live update caus Iīm sure that norton protected it by imei or something...

lck5775
07-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Should be no issue to run live update, when install make sure u tick the live update.

sleepy_geek
15-10-2005, 11:56 AM
thanx a lot buddy......i needed it

Thanh
17-10-2005, 04:05 AM
Hello :)

I have downloaded the attacdhed file and tried to install it to my 6600 - won't work, the installer comes up, shows the "installing" screen for a second and - exits.

I then tried a perfectly legit trial version - same result, the installer just exits after a second.

I can install anything else, so there's nothing wrong with the actual installer. I got plenty of memory (3.8 MB in phone, 107 MB in MMC) so that shouldn't be a problem either.

My phone is guaranteed virus free - so no problem from that end as well.

How can i get it to work? Does the message memory (i sent the files via BT from computer) need to be in the phone instead of MMC?

BTW when i tried to install it via file manager (FExplorer, ProfiExplorer, SeleQ) with the file placed in the MMC (not messages inbox) it also didn't install, same result as above.

I am thankful for any advise......

Kind regards.....

Thanh

mr-monty
17-10-2005, 04:20 PM
thanks very mucho for download, but how do I remove it from my 6600 :confused:

Regards
Mr Monty

anduling
22-10-2005, 11:16 AM
cant intall it in my ngage too:-(

THE FOX
23-10-2005, 02:50 AM
Just use a file explorer, find the prog folder and delete it.
also in start-up folder...

Or format your fone....
Save what you need to your MMC... :o :o :o

Thanh
23-10-2005, 09:19 AM

In the meantime i found a better solution - i bought a new phone (3230) on which it works perfectly :) Thanks a lot for making this file available!

Kind regards.....

your Thanh

GeeZuZz
24-10-2005, 06:30 AM
Warez/crack threads/requests are not allowed in the NFREE forum. Read the rules (http://nokiafree.org/forums/announcement.php?f=38), and all other sticky threads (http://nokiafree.org/forums/t42590/s.html) before you post.

And why would someone want to fill up their phones with a anti-virus application that slows the phone down, when theres no viruses (in practical)?

Thanh
24-10-2005, 08:31 AM
Dear GeeZuZz :)

Why would one fill a phone with an Anti-Virus app that slows the phone even if there are no viruses practically?

Well, possibly for the same reason almost all car manufacturers still waste considerable space in the trunk of a car to stick a fifth wheel in there..... even tough modern tyres hardly blow anymore? And all those guys who think that a subwoofer is a better use for that space and then break down in the middle of the night and 50 kilometers from the last point of civilisation and, of course, in the only area where cellphones have no signal, well, those people think twice next time..............

I have never used Anti Virus on a phone before, and didn't get a virus either. But just one week ago, my boyfriend visited his sister (who uses a 3230 too) and she was infected with "Cabir" - without knowing of it! Symantec Mobile Security (preinstalled!) prevented my boyfriend's brand new N70 from getting infected, since neither of them knows how to handle this virus.

And that's why i installed this thing in my brand new 3230, it was the first app i installed on it.

Piracy is a crimem and i am well aware of it. But come on, even Microsoft allows users of pirated Windows still to download at least critical security patches.

Here is a user who made public his application that he paid for. He is doing the community a HUGE favour by doing so, and believe me, Symantec makes fortunes with their PC software (i alone purchased THREE legit full versions of their security softwares in the past few years). They should give away this one for free.

Well, they don't. But still, please don't be too harsh if a user does. I too don't support piracy and never asked for nor made available some cracked stuff. But if it comes to security, i would do it, anytime. Because it's partly the software firm' fault that piracy happens. EVERYone is in need for security, yet a large number of users is left out by simply having no access to the software - they always require credit card payments for downloads, and many, like myself, who have no credit card, are simply unable to get the legit stuff.

And the excuse "Customer Service" doesn't count here - i wrote about my previous problem to Symantec and even got a response - "Purchase a new version and install it, because your download is corrupted."

So if i HAD a credit card, and HAD bought (another) one, i would still face the same problem - just some 50 dollars poorer. Because my download wasn't "corrupted" at all, after all it runs perfectly on the 3230.

Now i do not wish to get NFREE into any sort of trouble, therefor i do NOT offer to send this app to anybody who PM's me (and i WILL NOT DO IT so there's no need to try!) but if anyhow possible, please, do approve the attachment again... it's for the sake of all of us :)

With kind regards.....

your Thanh

punto16v
26-10-2005, 08:31 PM
thanks!!!!!!!!

v7e6j5
30-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Norton is a name u can trust in. I welcome Norton AntiVirus 2005 for Symbian Series 60. I trust it on my computers, so i'll trust it just as well on my QD.

soso3241
31-10-2005, 08:32 PM
i need this badly pls help me out <removed>

Thanh
01-11-2005, 05:32 AM

Please edit or delete that post..... "send me" messages are not allowed.........

Kind regards.....

Thanh

OMENs
02-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Dear GeeZuZz :)

Piracy is a crimem and i am well aware of it. But come on, even Microsoft allows users of pirated Windows still to download at least critical security patches.

Here is a user who made public his application that he paid for. He is doing the community a HUGE favour by doing so, and believe me, Symantec makes fortunes with their PC software (i alone purchased THREE legit full versions of their security softwares in the past few years). They should give away this one for free.

your Thanh

It is still illegal, if you pay for the software doesnt mean you can go around and give to everybody, even for free.

praveen_6630
11-11-2005, 05:07 AM
i want to download norton 2005 full version

praveen_6630
11-11-2005, 05:12 AM
i need a call recorder full version

Thanh
11-11-2005, 05:31 AM
i need a call recorder full version

What's that got to do with Norton Anti Virus..? Slightly off topic........... but you can get it off IRC (efnet, #aivanet and #mobizone)

Same goes for the antivirus, by the way...........

:)

Kind regards....

Thanh

lck5775
13-11-2005, 06:38 AM
This is a very good application and can be updated time to time but sad to say it was removed from this thread.... :-(

NokDoc
13-11-2005, 09:04 AM
....but sad to say it was removed from this thread.... :-(

Hi,

Wich means U want lawyers order this forum being closed?

NokDoc

Iceman5
13-11-2005, 04:41 PM
I don't trust anything with "Norton" in it's name... If it's ANYTHING like the PC version I'll stay away from this one.

01-12-2005, 01:31 PM
i can't see

Gee
04-12-2005, 02:06 AM
Norton products are crap!
Does McAfee do anti-virus apps for symbian phones?