PDA

View Full Version : nokia 3330 fluctuating signal

virtuosity14
05-11-2005, 07:17 AM
please help!

i have nokia 3330, when i turned it on it has a signal, but after a few seconds the signal went down, it tried requesting (pressing # and call key) it says "not done" so i tried putting a "net monitor" using "noktool by jordik" it reads the phone but after pressing "set" button for net monitor it says "phone not connected or mbus error". i tried another phone (nokia 3310) to check if the cable has a problem, but the cable works fine with other phones. what could be the possible problem? please give some help! thanx in advance. more power to nokiafree.org!

electrophoretic
06-11-2005, 02:17 PM
i am guessing that your phone has either a PA or a Diplexor problem... sounds like more of a PA fault so replace it and it should fix it!!

G

virtuosity14
07-11-2005, 06:32 PM
@electrophoretic

yeah i'm also thinking of that, but i'm also suspecting that there is a problem with the ccont, cause according to my mentor (cellphone technician), he said that i have to check also the ccont, he said when it comes to signal problem it has also to do something with the ccont. i also tried testing the message alert tone, and i found out that sometimes there is a delayed, something like a prolonged tone! (special & standard tone) and the phone sometimes intemittently shuts off. what do you think of this? please give me some advise! thanx in advnce

electrophoretic
07-11-2005, 10:15 PM
hmmm i have seen problems with 33xx phones with slow ringtones and its always been the 13(?)MHz crystal change the crystal and the ringtones go at the normal rate... as for your network problem... as far as i know the CCONT only supplies the power to the RF section... the MAD and the COBBA are the real RF processors... if your getting a signal then its dropping then i would suspect the PA, Diplexor, COBBA or the MAD!!! so you need to do more fault finding before changing anything!!! let me know how you get on...

G