PDA

View Full Version : urgent - what camera apps work on 3230..?

Thanh
24-01-2006, 07:40 AM
Hello :)

Two days ago i had the chance of a lifetime - got tickets to a BSB live concert here in Bangkok. No cameras allowed, they did a body search for cameras! But a phone - no problem.

So in my 3230 went. And - disappointed me badly!

In short, 50 meters from the stage, rather dark environment and VERY loud sound - video recording was a total disaster, you can see something unsharp moving in a very bright blob which is supposed to be the stage, accompanied by a shrill screaming sound. That was at max zoom, w/o night mode. With night mode, it was completely unviewable. The sound is just completely overdriven, the phone doesn't seem to have any regulation for loud or VERY loud input.

Same for pictures - in full zoom they are unsharp, step one is sharp but - too small to see. Night mode again - only a bright blob.

Compared with my boyfriend's N70, he took some awesome pictures and also video clips in quite good quality, with clear picture (ok a little unsharp but at least details are clearly visible, such as every member of the band etc) and a GOOD SOUND. And he was sitting right beside me!

Now i want a video recording app that offers a good zoom and, more important, a GOOD SOUND. I had such app on the 6600, two of them in fact, Philips Camcoder and ETI Camcorder.

I tried ETI - version 2, both the "Symbian 7" and the "6630-6680" versions, and both are total duds - they install, start, allow me to change settings and see the preview - but when i start recording, they just exit. Incompatible i guess.

I have Philips Camcoder, it does work and record, but even worse than the original app - only one step zoom, just as unsharp as the second step in the original, no night mode at all, and the sound just as bad. In the settings the program says it records to "mp4" but the saved file is a 3gp just like with the original app. When i set it to "Pro" quality, the image becomes clear but at a lousy 7.5 fps and still 3gp with lousy sound.

Also i want a photo app like Photographer or CameraFX which offers a decent night mode and a GOOD ZOOM. Particular Photographer worked miracles on my 6600, that's what i want on the 3230. But - of course, the version i have won't work on the 3230.

Does anyone here know of an applicationm that is confirmed working and yielding the needed results on a Nokia 3230? Please let me know which app and which version it is. I am not asking for the app, just for "which one", i will be able to find it myself.

Thanks a lot in advance......

your Thanh

24-01-2006, 11:33 AM
since photoacute v2 and flexicam pro .80 don't work on my 3230, i've tried
camera fx pro 2.6 and it works... but sometimes the built in camera takes
better pictures... even though the 3230 camera is 1.3 megapixel we should not really expect anything great.... its just a bonus feature......

Thanh
24-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Hello :)

Thanks a lot for that information! Got it, installed it - and works, exactly as supposed to. In max zoom the pictures are sure small in resolution, but heck, therefor i can zoom in and it's clear!

I had such experience with the 6600 which has "only" a VGA camera, and even there the pictures were very good... so i tought that on the 3230 with it's even better cam there should be an application like that too.....

by the way it's actually only 1.23 MP camera........ many don't even know that :)

Kind regards.....

your Thanh