PDA

View Full Version : Samsung D500 bluetooth problem

jon_argent
28-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Hi,

I've brought a D500 phone and it works fine, exept for the fact that the bluetooth/IrDA won't work, and when i attempt to activate it, it comes up saying bluetooth activation error.

is there anyway of fixing this, or will it need to be flashed?

Thanks

jon_argent
28-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Hi,

No, not that i'm aware of, i brought it of eBay, everything else works fine, its just the bluetooth and IrDA not working, will i be able to sort it myself or will i need to take it to be repaired?

Many thanks

electrophoretic
30-01-2006, 01:10 AM
i had this exact same problem with one of my old phones (D500)... I rewrote the Bluetooth ID, I even managed to look up the correct matched ID at wrote that into the phone but it still didnt work... i managed to look up the schematics and saw that the BT and IRDa are controlled with the same IC... reflowed it (very carefully as the battery contacts etc are close) and it worked ok after that... very hard fix to find...

G

mark211277
01-02-2006, 11:39 AM
i had this exact same problem with one of my old phones (D500)... I rewrote the Bluetooth ID, I even managed to look up the correct matched ID at wrote that into the phone but it still didnt work... i managed to look up the schematics and saw that the BT and IRDa are controlled with the same IC... reflowed it (very carefully as the battery contacts etc are close) and it worked ok after that... very hard fix to find...

G
can you let me know where you found this fix as i need to get my infra red and bluetooth working again. I dropped my phone so I think maybe something came apart inside. I would very much appreciate it if you could let me know. Thanks in advance.

electrophoretic
01-02-2006, 08:30 PM
i debugged it mate... its what i do... anyway, when you get the PCB out of the case you will see a chip next to the Battery Contacts. This is the Bluetooth and IRDa BGA... reflow this but be VERY careful that you dont melt the Battery Contacts when doing this... or anything else thats around that area!!! let me know how you get on.

G

naz33
04-02-2006, 10:08 PM
electrophoretic when you say reflow what do you mean & how do you go about it cause i have seen a few problems & a lot of the answer or to reflow it but i don't know how to go about it & what to use it there any tutorials on it anywhere

everyone1025
05-03-2010, 01:10 PM
hey for any phone u want just goto:
http://www.mobilephone.co.in/phones/ (http://www.mobilephone.co.in/phones/)