PDA

View Full Version : [DEMO FLASH] SMS Suite

spaceimpact33
29-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Hi,
I have been working very hard on this project for some time now.
So I have decided to release a Demo flash. Although I am a little uneasy about this because have put countless hours of work into reversing and coding this system and I really don't want people to Rip my work.

So just a warning; You can use this as you please (repatch it with nokix do what u want :D) but DONOT in any way repost this any where and take the credit for this or put your name in place of mine in the flash file or sell this flash file for personal revenue!

[What is it?]
This is an example flash file showing how the nokia flash rom can be used as a area to store files. It is built on G3gg0's Flash File System and Flashing routines from MADos that have been ported and modified for NokiX (Much thanks to you g3gg0:D)
Your phone after flashing will support storage of up to 64kb of files (some where around 400 sms's)

This flash file also has patches enabling storing, reading and listing of received, draft and sent sms's messages. Every sms's is stored with the sender's phone number and upon listing of a folder the number is also 'looked up' in the phone book and displayed as a name if the number is found.
The folder's applications support many similar features as Symbian phones such as;
- Selecting and deleting/moving/copying multiple messages.
- Memory status display.
- Settings (order of messages, saving settings ect)

The reading application supports many features similar to the original sms reader in DCT-3’s such as;
- Edit.
- Use Number (only uses the sender number)
- Details
- Forward
- Resend
- Delete

There are also a few extra's in the flash regarding the messaging systems

[How do I use this?]
Please after flashing restore factory defaults on the phone with an F/MBUS cable.
First select Menu->Applications->Development->Format drive.
The new features will be come clear when you enter the ‘Messages’ menu and select a folder such as inbox.

TIP: Send your self a text message, so you can see the system in action.

Be sure to back up your phone from 0x00200000 to 0x00400000 as I take no responsibility for damaged mobile phones when using my flash file!

[Why have I not released the scripts yet?]
The reason I have not released this yet is because there is still much work to do.
Basically I must;
- Add support for extended length multi part sms’s.
- Add a warning for low and insufficient memory.
- Add a new “New message alert” system.
- Add support and information so others to create scripts that can work on the file system.
- Create many patterns as most of nokia’s functions I use are not used in any other scrips, so I have hard coded them into my script.
- Remove some nasty little bugs :D

Big thanks go to EVERYONE at NFree; Yak, G3gg0, Nokdoc, D:Virus and many more (sorry if I missed you ;) )

With all this said I leave you with my demo.
Enjoy,
Spaceimpact33 :D

yak
29-01-2006, 05:29 PM
This is really awesome! This flash file contains a lot of new and extremely hard to code stuff which I have not yet come to in my NokiX scripts package. I recommend everyone to give it a try.

PS: Spaceimpact33, I'm thinking about the system we were talking about. Right now I still don't have much time for this but I'm looking forward to get into it. We will stay in contact.

dvirus666
29-01-2006, 05:37 PM
A great piece of work Spaceimpact33. keep it coming. :)

NokDoc
29-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi,

I still can't believe my eyes.

We gave this kid a hammer, some nails and wood.

Now he came back mentioning he used the wizzdom to make his own airplane.

Not only awesome, rather astounishing...

NokDoc

joci2000
29-01-2006, 08:47 PM
http://prohardver.hu/pics/s/rl.gif http://prohardver.hu/pics/s/rl.gif
Amazing work, this flash is astonishing

http://prohardver.hu/pics/s/cl.gif http://prohardver.hu/pics/s/cl.gif

Regards

what i'm waiting after this script is the updated memory editor to be able to edit the flash also not just ram adresses :lol:

g3gg0
30-01-2006, 02:52 AM
damn, what?!

wtf? u made your way from the interested "tellmeeverything" guy up to a
hardcore DCT3-modder in just one year or so :-o

man, u are shocking me :D
very good work, really.
just too confused to find the right words hehe

keep up the good work :)
may we see the sources behind, somewhen?
i'm really curious how you've done that.

greeetz,
g3gg0

deadspot
30-01-2006, 04:36 AM
TY S3 for your demo flash!

mestrini
30-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Great work indeed m8 :eek:

This solves one of the most important handicaps in DCT3 models (and the one i wanted solved the most :-D , tx)

Basically I must;
(...)
- Create many patterns as most of nokia’s functions I use are not used in any other scrips, so I have hard coded them into my script.

If you need help finding functions and/or patterns just say as i'm used to finding them ;)

cheers

spaceimpact33
30-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Thank you all so much for your replys (Makes the many hours worth while)

I also forgot to mention that another reason this script has been delayed is the fact that it is all built on the sdk v1 and i must change over to SDK v2.
i must say the flash footprint is arround 140kb too :P

i will release the source codes soon too =D
i will also post up some screen shots asap :)

@mestrini
Thank you for your offer, i will probably PM you a list of the functions that i need some help with. :)

@m€ixoeiro
30-01-2006, 12:46 PM
man this is so cool!!

when will you build a nokix script?!

this is really greats, congrats!!

keep up the fantastic work!!

joci2000
30-01-2006, 01:22 PM
man this is so cool!!

when will you build a nokix script?!

this is really greats, congrats!!

keep up the fantastic work!!

i'm sure that the script is already but it is not complete as he said, so we have to wait some time till the master finish it :wink:

just think over why he didn't release it. because he doesn't want to release an unfinished project. You will not be happy if he release it now and you find it unuseable, unfinished isn't it? He just wants to make us satisfied with this amazing script. so be patient :wink:

@m€ixoeiro
30-01-2006, 02:34 PM
yes i know, and u're right!! it's just because i'm so excited!!

man this really rocks!!

newknaber
30-01-2006, 03:19 PM
i never thought that this idea is possible! tnx and more power!

THE ZEUS
30-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Hello,

at my 3310, it work perfect.

Thank you!

ZEUS

ShadoW2004
30-01-2006, 06:36 PM
2 spaceimpact33

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shoked!

Daryl Saludares
31-01-2006, 01:23 AM
@SI33
U've added an excellent function to a DCT-3 phone, with due respect to your ideas and creativity. congratulations... :)

senkron24
31-01-2006, 05:21 PM
pls add language turkish
wenn i add and falsh then is dehat phone pls add tr :)

best regarts senkron24

spaceimpact33
01-02-2006, 12:24 PM
@senkron24

Sorry but i will not write any other languages as this is an un-official release.

@m€ixoeiro
01-02-2006, 12:51 PM
couldn't we change the language using genolite?

NokDoc
01-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Hi,

This is a DEMO.

Please don't keep asking for improvement while everyone knows it's making/ developing is still in progress.

Later it will be possible to change things, but for the moment it's only to see it's capabilities.

NokDoc

spaceimpact33
02-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Some shots 1

spaceimpact33
02-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Some shots 2

spaceimpact33
02-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Some shots 3

spaceimpact33
02-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Some shots 4

spaceimpact33
02-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Some shots 5

spaceimpact33
02-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Some shots 6

nEMO
02-02-2006, 03:44 PM
nice :) thx m8 :] when you will relese those scripst ??

bojs
03-02-2006, 07:08 AM
This is verrrry cooollll!!!! Thanks a lot for sharing.

How about adding a SIM Tool Kit in Nokia 5110? I think it is also possible. It is?

Best regards,
bojs

spaceimpact33
03-02-2006, 12:42 PM
@nemo
I really can not sate any release dates at this point in time.

@bojs
SIM toolkit request for 5110 is a bit off topic sorry.

newknaber
03-02-2006, 01:42 PM
is this also support some dct3 phone? or just 3310 only? tnx and more power!truly a masterpiece.

spaceimpact33
03-02-2006, 02:08 PM
this will hopfully run on all dct3 handsets

bojs
04-02-2006, 07:20 AM
@ Space Impact 33

Just would like to report a minor bug I observe using your Program:

1.When I try to send an sms and the message failed to send the sent items still records the unsent message.

2. If your phone's message alert tone is set to standard, when you receive a message, the phone will just beep. But it is ok using a personalized tone.

br,
bojs

spaceimpact33
04-02-2006, 08:08 AM
@bojo

about these bugs
"1.When I try to send an sms and the message failed to send the sent items still records the unsent message." The sms sending process is a verry complex system and the way which i cave the sent messages is a little bit of a dirty hack. I need to do a lot more reversing to make this better.

2. If your phone's message alert tone is set to standard, when you receive a message, the phone will just beep. But it is ok using a personalized tone. This happens because the sms tone is played first then the DMI_INFORMATION window 's tone plays directly after it and canceles the current sms system tones. I will try and sor this out.

Lukayjao
07-02-2006, 02:18 AM
I dont really expecting that the function of Dct3 can really be enhanceable...Almost similar to Dct4 function..... Keep up the good work!!!! this is another breaking the record...

THE ZEUS
12-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Hello,

when the SMS Suite is complete, is it for free?

ZEUS

druidbartek
12-02-2006, 03:50 PM
@THE ZEUS

@nemo
I really can not sate any release dates at this point in time. :evil:

joci2000
12-02-2006, 04:12 PM
@THE ZEUS

:evil:

i think THE ZEUS want to ask that this script will be also free like the other scripts and not the releasing date :wink:

mestrini
13-02-2006, 01:22 AM
i think THE ZEUS want to ask that this script will be also free like the other scripts and not the releasing date :wink:

The answer is obvious don't you think? OF COURSE NOT!!! :x

hehe, just kidding

has anyone seen anything in this developers section charged for? NO, anything sold is sold in sites like ebay or online repair shops...

cheers

bojs
20-02-2006, 04:26 AM
@Space Impact33
Sir, I found another "bug" on your flash file. And I want to report it.

On one unit of 3310 to which I uploaded your program, I found that the length of created message was mimimized to only 69 characters per message in contrast to the original file that gives 160 characters. I reflash the unit but with the same result.

Hope this report will help to improve your great work.

Thanks a lot.

br,
bojs

spaceimpact33
20-02-2006, 02:13 PM
@bojs

The way the system works is that every sms only takes up its required space in the file system, where as on a simcard if you have a message that is only for instance "hello" (5 chars in length) will still take up 1 full 160 character slot on the simcard. if the same message was to be saved on the mail system i have made it would only take up the length of the sender's number + length of sms and about 20 bytes of other information about the file.

Also you must remember if you are writing in unicode the message's length will be limited due to unicode taking double the amout of data as a normal text message.

As i write this i am working on compatability across other dct3 handsets.

bojs
21-02-2006, 09:14 AM
@bojs

The way the system works is that every sms only takes up its required space in the file system, where as on a simcard if you have a message that is only for instance "hello" (5 chars in length) will still take up 1 full 160 character slot on the simcard. if the same message was to be saved on the mail system i have made it would only take up the length of the sender's number + length of sms and about 20 bytes of other information about the file.

Also you must remember if you are writing in unicode the message's length will be limited due to unicode taking double the amout of data as a normal text message.

As i write this i am working on compatability across other dct3 handsets.

Thanks, Master.

tinkuawasthi
02-03-2006, 12:28 PM
dear sir
i am a novice user
i have tornado ufsx3 and sarasoft
and i want to have this 400 sms system in my 3310 mobile but i dont know how to do it . sir plz help me. i downloaded ur 3310 nokix rar file.
kindly tell me in steps how to use this and have sms memory in my 3310
i will be grateful to u.
thank u
my mail id is [email protected]
u can mail the steps to this id also
waiting for ur reply thanks

Ludfi
02-03-2006, 05:04 PM
i'm trying flash your flash file into my phone 3310 and success, but i found bug. when i received SMS, sound messages just beep once not ring. I've set up messages alert to standart, but still one beep when i received SMS.

spaceimpact33
03-03-2006, 08:33 AM
@Ludfi

Check my other post in this forum, I have released the Nokix script for this application with many bug fixes.

amsk98
02-05-2006, 09:00 AM
When u Upload Full Ver.

spaceimpact33
02-05-2006, 06:01 PM
There is a full version avalible in this forum but at this time iy is quite buggy, but i am working on a better version so stay tuned :D. its comming...