PDA

View Full Version : Needs Detail Explanations of DCT-4 Please.

mobilerocks
26-10-2002, 12:18 PM
Hello Everyone,

Ok, i have learn to some extent of DCT-3 stuffs. Now i'am concentrating on DCT-4 stuffs. for this i want to get information relating to these pharses.

1. Why do we need Logs for 7650 & 7210 ? Is Logs required for other DCT-4 models as well ? And why they charge for Logs ? Cant we create or get own Logs for various DCT-4 models ?
2. What does DCT-4 Hex for sale means ? for what purpose its used in DCT-4 models ? Is it similar to Logs ?
3. What does " I can offer PIC16F876 (programmed) for DCT4 flasher at $600 per 20chips ($30/pcs) " & " Hex code for PIC16F876 $1000, free PIC writer (handmade from JDM scheme) " refers in DCT-4 ? And in what does this PIC16F876 helps in DCT-4 models ? Again why people charge for such stuffs ?
4. What does AFD Stands for in AFD Box ?
5. More Information about FPS-8 & Fls-4. Any websites to seek more information about these two products ?

Well, these are queries where i'am looking detailed or relevant answers. I hope that someone would fair enough take some time and reply in the Forum or contact me in ICQ (40203283) or email ([email protected]) me with

detailed explanations.

THANKS in Advance Friends :)

mobilerocks
28-10-2002, 07:30 AM
hello,

can someone please reply to my post so that i can gain some information about DCT-4 or just post any website link if none of want to reply in the post :(

Thanks

dwarf
06-11-2002, 02:10 PM
The questions you posted - do you want some answers?

1) Logs - wonderful things - the small piece of identification info that you need to calculate the unlock coding - why are they needed - well some lucky people out there have the code generation algorithims etc to calculate the "string" you need for your phone ; simply- logs allow those with the info to keep control of the game for a little bit longer!!
Why do they charge - hey if I could make their sort of money ! I would.

2)DCT4 Hex - there are a few meanings here with regard to the end use and each hex is different, but DCT4 hex is the name people are putting to a hex file for a certain type of interface created by a very nice bloke who also created the DCT3 box - see www.id2.cz for further reading. It may also be the name people are using for the various dongles for nokia DCT4 unlock solutions, but as most people will I guess agree - it's mostly for the former.

3)The hex - is a file that is programmed onto a microcontroller (pic in this case) - in this case the chip is a 16f876, this is the heart of the DCT4 interface that people seek - it acts basically as a protocol translator for communications between the phone and pc. - If you understand why people wish to make money then the reasons for charging for these chips - or the hex.

4)AFD - pass I have just got back into this game so I don't know- someone else???

5) FPS-8 and FLS-4 see the uk distributor such as JIC electronics or the manufacturers in the far east - they like to deal in terms of 20000$ so joe public is out of luck!

Hope this is of help.

D
:)

mobilerocks
06-11-2002, 02:21 PM
Thanks mate all the information you shared in the forum. These information do help for newbies under DCT-4 category. Thanks again :)