PDA

View Full Version : ringtone problem on nokia n70

ahmedharris
28-03-2006, 09:04 AM
i am having Nokia n70. I set a mp3 file as a ringtone and it plays when I scroll down the list of tracks in the phone through profile. Sometimes the default ringtone plays and sometimes the personalised ringtone plays. why does this happen? When people in my caller groups call me the correct ringtone plays.

tone1
31-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Hi ...read on another forum that with the V2 software this is one of the problems, by getting the software update to the V5 apparently this cures this problem along with a host of other minor gliches
:-?

ahmedharris
02-04-2006, 08:41 AM
thanks. is that v5 faster than the v2?
v2 is very slow.

locus1
10-04-2006, 07:30 AM
i am having Nokia n70. I set a mp3 file as a ringtone and it plays when I scroll down the list of tracks in the phone through profile. Sometimes the default ringtone plays and sometimes the personalised ringtone plays. why does this happen? When people in my caller groups call me the correct ringtone plays.

Having gone n-gage > n-gageQD> N70, the qd did that, but the n70 not, (sofar, touch wood) i have a suspicion its one of those random nokia intermittant probs, most likely due to the 'hot-sawp' memory cards, although you can remove the card when switched on, if your ringtone is on the card, when removed it will revert to standard.
when you reinsert the card, it will sometimes not go back to your selected tone.

( i figured that after about a month of wondering why it does that with the card in, when the cards out, its kinda obvious why it wont play one on the card when the cards not in)